Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Well install went great. Im running a Mac Pro 2.66 Octo that i upgraded myself. So you cant even call it official mac hardware anymore. iMac 24", iMac 17" and 2 Macbook Pro's 15"

Photoshop CS3 installed great
Maya 2008 installed great
LIttle Snitch 2 Beta 10 works great

Need to wait for some apps to update like iDefrag and Super Duper. Understandable since there very thorough.

Best new surprise feature i found was the fact i can resize my partitions on the fly without erasing the volume.

Worst new surprise is stacks dont support nested folders.

Overall I love it.
Sorry to see so many having issues.
I'd recommend erase and install always.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Meh... my friend got Leopard tonight and we were messing around with it. It seems okay, but not as great as I expected. The backdrops in Photobooth were a total disaster it was so funny to watch it fail... Oh well I won't judge too much until I get it on my own machine.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Just a n00b question that's been bothering me.

The 3-D dock. Can it be turned off?

If its on the side, not sure about if its on the bottom. I actually like it, pictures dont do it justice, its really nice.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Is there a way to make the top bar a solid color? The transparency looks really odd compared to the solid finish of application windows.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Just a n00b question that's been bothering me.

The 3-D dock. Can it be turned off?

If you mean can the 3-D look of the dock be turned back to a 2-D look, then the answer is yes. I've seen in a bunch of threads already where people are showing their 2-D dock on the bottom of the screen. It's accomplished by a simple terminal command.

Retired
May 16, 2006

I've seen it on the side, but that's not where I keep my dock.:p
Candybar 3 will have dock customization, but for now there is Terminal, put this in:

Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock
This to reverse:
Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean NO; killall Dock

Or download these Applescripts :)

bubblegum80

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
Candybar 3 will have dock customization, but for now there is Terminal, put this in:

Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock
This to reverse:
Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean NO; killall Dock

Or download these Applescripts :)

It really should be an option in System Preferences. Along with removing Wikipedia support from the OS completely.

guitarmaster18

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2007
Yeah, it should be an option...

But, anyway I made this useless app a while ago that changes the dock from 2D to 3D

Have fun

Attachments

• CustomDock.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 38
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.