I Like My Leopard

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Well install went great. Im running a Mac Pro 2.66 Octo that i upgraded myself. So you cant even call it official mac hardware anymore. iMac 24", iMac 17" and 2 Macbook Pro's 15"

Photoshop CS3 installed great
Maya 2008 installed great
LIttle Snitch 2 Beta 10 works great

Need to wait for some apps to update like iDefrag and Super Duper. Understandable since there very thorough.

Best new surprise feature i found was the fact i can resize my partitions on the fly without erasing the volume.

Worst new surprise is stacks dont support nested folders.

Overall I love it.
Sorry to see so many having issues.
I'd recommend erase and install always.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
Meh... my friend got Leopard tonight and we were messing around with it. It seems okay, but not as great as I expected. The backdrops in Photobooth were a total disaster it was so funny to watch it fail... Oh well I won't judge too much until I get it on my own machine.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Just a n00b question that's been bothering me.

The 3-D dock. Can it be turned off?
If its on the side, not sure about if its on the bottom. I actually like it, pictures dont do it justice, its really nice.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Is there a way to make the top bar a solid color? The transparency looks really odd compared to the solid finish of application windows.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Just a n00b question that's been bothering me.

The 3-D dock. Can it be turned off?
If you mean can the 3-D look of the dock be turned back to a 2-D look, then the answer is yes. I've seen in a bunch of threads already where people are showing their 2-D dock on the bottom of the screen. It's accomplished by a simple terminal command.

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London

I've seen it on the side, but that's not where I keep my dock.:p
Candybar 3 will have dock customization, but for now there is Terminal, put this in:

Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock
This to reverse:
Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean NO; killall Dock
Or download these Applescripts :)

bubblegum80

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
Candybar 3 will have dock customization, but for now there is Terminal, put this in:

Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock
This to reverse:
Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean NO; killall Dock
Or download these Applescripts :)
It really should be an option in System Preferences. Along with removing Wikipedia support from the OS completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.