I like the 13inch, but would I be making a mistake?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dreamvillian, Jan 10, 2017.

1. dreamvillian, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017

dreamvillian macrumors newbie

So I actually really like the touchbar 13 inch on paper. I think TB3/USBC is the future, and have no problems with it, like how it looks, like how portable it is, and am excited about the ultrafine display(s). My question is, do you think it will be enough for me, or should I spring for the 15? I would rather not spend the money if it isn't necessary, but will if I need to. Screen size isn't a consideration for me because I will be using external display(s).

My workflow consists of the following on a daily basis, with multiple open at once:
    -Safari + chrome (many tabs)
    -Sublime, Brackets, other text editors and dev tools
    -Terminal
    -AI/PS (large files)
    -Sketch (large files)

I will either be using 2 ultrafine 4ks or 1 5k (haven't decided yet). If I do get the 15" I may consider 2 5ks.

I'm a product manager who gets into a good amount of engineering and design work. I currently use a 2013 15" rMBP base model which is getting a bit worn out.

Thanks!

2. kokhoong0624 macrumors regular

kokhoong0624

If you are excited about the Ultrafine display... get the 15. The 13 runs the ultrafine display decently, but not as buttery smooth as the 15.

3. dreamvillian thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been reading mixed reviews on this. If this is the only issue I think I might give the 13inch a shot, and return it if performance with the ultrafine is truly a problem. I'm more concerned with whether it will handle everything else I do well, since I'm coming from a 15 inch.

4. Eddie3345 macrumors regular

Eddie3345

You're always going to want the extra 2 inches ;)........