Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Well I restored my iPhone to 3.1.2 ( I desperately wanted Voice Control over Bluetooth).

I took a picture of the 2 differences:

beforeandafter.jpg

This theme is called the Official ModMYi theme and if you want to use it it requires quite a lot of modifications. All the instructions can be found here

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Bravo. I don't have the patience to do all of that. Do you have a 3G S? If not, do all of those extensions you have installed slow down the phone much? I hope you have it backed up somehow. :eek:

Yeah it took a while to make it perfect. Yes I have a 3G S and I haven't noticed any slow down whatsoever. It's well worth it IMO.

jmann

macrumors 604
When the new iPhone comes out in June I'm going to do some major customizing of the OS if Apple doesn't do a design overhaul to the OS. I haven't used winterboard on my iPhone 3G forever now (I used it for like a year), if I had a 3G s I would definitely try something like this.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
When the new iPhone comes out in June I'm going to do some major customizing of the OS if Apple doesn't do a design overhaul to the OS. I haven't used winterboard on my iPhone 3G forever now (I used it for like a year), if I had a 3G s I would definitely try something like this.

Yeah. At first the iPhone OS looked awesome but now it looks so plain to be honest. Hopefully they rework it for OS 4.0 :) and if not then you know what will happen:D

kidwithdimples

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
I loved changing and installing new themes in my iPhone 3G but I noticed it's way better the way it came. The more you customize the slower it gets.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
I loved changing and installing new themes in my iPhone 3G but I noticed it's way better the way it came. The more you customize the slower it gets.

That's true but with the iPhone 3G/2G. Trust me, the 3GS has no problem whatsoever with all these changes. I also have over 10 programs running on Mobile Substrate and have yet to notice a decrease in performance.

direzze

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2009
that's one of the better themes i've seen on jailbroken phones. the others look like they came out of microsoft paint, but this one looks quite nice

kidwithdimples

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
That's true but with the iPhone 3G/2G. Trust me, the 3GS has no problem whatsoever with all these changes. I also have over 10 programs running on Mobile Substrate and have yet to notice a decrease in performance.
I've noticed that too. 3GS is a beast.

koollectablz

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Great theme.

One thing I have noticed about all these themes and lockinfo thingys is the obsession with the weather.

IMO everyone puts complex weather info on their lockscreens just because they can - not particularly because of usefulness.

tryppy

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2007
Great theme.

One thing I have noticed about all these themes and lockinfo thingys is the obsession with the weather.

IMO everyone puts complex weather info on their lockscreens just because they can - not particularly because of usefulness.

While you're entitled to your own opinion, I don't think the majority would vote with you. "Complex" weather info does take some tinkering with the files either via your pc or the phone itself. The users who actually take the time to put the correct weather on their home/lock screens do it because knowing the temperature IS actually "useful"

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Great theme.

Well I know where your coming from but I think it's really
neat having the weather on the homescreeb :p. Not only does it look beautiful, but I know exactly what I need to know without haven't to open a app:)

While you're entitled to your own opinion, I don't think the majority would vote with you. "Complex" weather info does take some tinkering with the files either via your pc or the phone itself. The users who actually take the time to put the correct weather on their home/lock screens do it because knowing the temperature IS actually "useful"

Exactly! Couldn't of said it better myself.

koollectablz

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Yeah but come on, play the game - its the weather.

The weather, oooo look, the weather.

Great, the weather, I can check out the weather without going into the app. Heck I know the weather without even unlocking my phone.

Man, my iPhone is now complete.

Oh no, hang on, screw that - I'll just look out the window instead.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

Looking out the window doesn't necessarily tell you the temperature. Also, I have shades down in my bedroom so people can't look in, so takes me less time to glance at my phone than to open the shades.

tryppy

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2007

Great, the weather, I can check out the weather without going into the app. Heck I know the weather without even unlocking my phone.

:rolleyes:

At first I said you were entitled to your opinion. This post just proves your opinion may be one of an underage child.

strike1555

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009

Looking out the window tells you the temperature, humidity and chances of rain? As well as the future weather?

God, what a buffoon.

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
you guys watch the news to check out the weather as well? i believe the most useless job is being the weather person on a news channel.

and i know how off topic this is...just had to add my two cents.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Looking out the window tells you the temperature, humidity and chances of rain? As well as the future weather?

God, what a buffoon.

He is one of those ignorant people you come across every other day.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
you guys watch the news to check out the weather as well? i believe the most useless job is being the weather person on a news channel.

and i know how off topic this is...just had to add my two cents.

People living in Southern California do not get to comment on the usefulness/uselessness of weather info -- you guys just have the same weather all year around! :D

DeuceDeuce

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2007
San Dimas, CA
People living in Southern California do not get to comment on the usefulness/uselessness of weather info -- you guys just have the same weather all year around! :D

It's true, my friend just posted this on her facebook today and I couldn't stop but think of this thread.

"California's weather forecasters must be so bored...'sunny today, sunny tomorrow, sunny the next day'. Bleh! I'm ready for a cloud or two."

koollectablz

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Whats an underage child? In fact at what age is a child no longer underage?

Anyway, stop being all precious about the weather.

Weather lock screens are a symptom of the malaise of while you can customize stuff doesn't necessarily mean its a good idea.

Oh and whilst I concede I may very well be a buffoon, I'm not ignorant.

Weather geeks - gotta love 'em.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Well I restored my iPhone to 3.1.2 ( I desperately wanted Voice Control over Bluetooth).

I took a picture of the 2 differences:

beforeandafter.jpg

This theme is called the Official ModMYi theme and if you want to use it it requires quite a lot of modifications. All the instructions can be found here

That's fine, but why is the mail count badge hovering up there like that? Looks kinda dumb, doesn't it?

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Oh so much I want to say right now, but I'm not going to feed the troll ;)

That is a seriously cool looking theme. I agree about the Mail badge though, a little too far up.

I saw that video of your 3Gs before and I'm very impressed with how well that runs with everything. iPhoneVM made my 3G come close, but I was getting worse battery with it due to more writing and rewriting so I dropped it and a couple MS plugins.

I'm excited to see what the next iPhone has to offer :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.