I like windows vista...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Mushrooshi, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

... for this reason:

QUOTE WIKIPEDIA:

For those who are about to flame for me supporting Vista and didn't read the snippet:

The article is how Vista pushed people away from PCs and got Mac and Linux.

2. GoodWatch macrumors 6502a

GoodWatch

I still wonder what the purpose of you post was.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yeh so you like vista because it made users switch to Mac OS X or Linux. thats plausible. i like vista for this reason too. but i dont like vista and windows in general.

4. LangleyAls macrumors member

Very good point mushrooshi, i now also like vista :cool:

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

IMO it was to allow all Mac users to smile and thank the lord we choose wisely .. :)

6. imbored macrumors member

I think a lot of what wikipedia says is true, however I think that statistics can be manipulated to argue one's point of view.

Microsoft doesn't exactly have the best reliability when it comes to operating systems, there were a few misses between 95 and XP, and maybe they'll be able to update Vista to a point where more people are satisfied with it.

7. GoodWatch macrumors 6502a

GoodWatch

It's too early in the morning for me :) Logic dictates that we already know that, else we weren't here :)

8. ~NeonFire372~ macrumors member

I think all the Vista hate is stupid. I've been using it since March and I've had zero problems. My computer has been running for 505 hours (21 days, 1 hour, 18 minutes and 15 seconds) without a single glitch. The only reason it was restarted 21 days ago was to finish installing something.

9. tysontabs macrumors member

Sorry for this stupid question but, how are you able to measure the amount of time your computer (mac) has been running for?

I will be getting my first iMac in March and would love to put a hour meter on it!

I'll be running both Leopard and Vista Business (have to for business reasons) through bootcamp.

Tabs

10. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Open terminal and type:

uptime

Hit the enter key
    bingo.

11. iLao macrumors member

iLao

Or download this widget, if you have Tiger or Leopard.;)

12. tysontabs macrumors member

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get the computer in March.

13. Bobbi Flekman macrumors regular

I don't mind Vista either as a secondary OS. I did purposefully change to Mac because of several reasons, but the enormous amount of restrictions that got built-in Vista is one of them. From what I see on my Virtual Machine it runs like a charm.

14. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Interesting, doing that states that 2 users for me as well as the uptime. Yet there's only one actual account. Is the other user it refers to Root or something? :confused:

15. Aries326 macrumors 6502

I like Vista only because my shuffle and nano syncs perfectly now with my PC. I'm sure if I was still running XP, I'd have some problems syncing my iPhone as some of the people are complaining in another thread.

Anyway, I'm planning to install Leopard in my Shuttle SFF. I can't wait to see how that works. :) Then I'll buy a MBP when I start making a little bit more money.

16. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Aries326: I'd be interested in how your Leopard install goes. Hope you keep us posted.

17. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i don't hate Vista or XP, and i don't love them either (except for this reason)

but i really just got tired of windows and how microsoft treats their customers. so i switched in 2005 when i had enough money for a mini. haven't looked back (typing this on my mac pro ;) )