I live in Boston and my iPhone 4 is never under 2 bars

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PatriotInvasion, Jul 20, 2010.

1. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

I know there are a ton of threads, blah blah...But, I live in Boston and am one of the people who have no idea what all the fuss is about. I bought a Bumper when I got the phone and have since switched to the more protective Speck PixelSkin and never have any reception issues.

Before you all say that you don't want to use a case and like it naked, just know that I always take the case off in my apartment to use the iPhone 4 dock. Thus, I end up using the phone naked whenever I'm at home. I hold the phone in my left hand when I surf through Apps and web pages but never does the signal drop below 2 bars. I'm sure if I went out of my way (like some of you) and bury the lower left corner in the center of my palm tightly for 5 minutes straight I could maybe get down to one bar, but I don't use the phone like that;)

As was demonstrated, the iPhone 4 is the best phone on the market. But, I'll gladly take my $29 back for the Bumper I bought.

2. headcheese macrumors regular

I live in Baltimore...

Same for me :) Guess that's why I "don't have" death grip issues? :confused:

3. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

don't jinx yourself....

4. PatriotInvasion thread starter macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

Maybe Boston is just that awesome...yea, that's probably it :cool:

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

6. satirev macrumors 6502

i go to college in waltham, pretty close to boston. i just switched from sprint to att so im hopeful that i get better reception.

7. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

well then good for you. No need for the :confused::confused::confused: like its not actually a problem. Its a fact that this is an issue and the people that deny it are lucky they got a phone that works right or they are just in great reception areas.

8. tritonj macrumors 6502a

did we really need another thread started on the subject? there are plenty you could have easily added to, it has already been established that some have the issue and others don't, the horse has been beaten to death already lets bury the damn thing

9. PatriotInvasion thread starter macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

It must be the latter, because all 5 of my buddies that have one around here have no clue about any reception issue. So, either they sent the good batch of iPhone 4's to the northeast, or people are blaming the hardware for living in East Bumf*ck with lousy reception.

And as the song goes...Return It...but you won't:D

10. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

+1 even though i'm on VZW.

11. firewater macrumors regular

Never drop below 2 bars and I'm in San Francisco? People r tripping to much about my city :)

12. timerollson macrumors 65816

Same even though the iPhone is a day old lol. Boston, represent!

13. PatriotInvasion thread starter macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

14. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Jinxes don't exist. Just like the death grip issues don't exist for the majority of users.

15. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I live in Boston and my phone is at two bars in my office and never above 4 bars at home.

16. PatriotInvasion thread starter macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

Not a Boston specific thread though...Just wanted to add a little geographical context to the topic...and a little shout out to my hometown in the process.

17. tritonj macrumors 6502a

there isn't a specific thread about a lot of towns but most who posted in those threads didn't see the need to start one just for their town. and the city or region is going to be pretty irrelevant , since i'm sure there are plenty of people in BOS, NY, SF, LA, CHI, etc who have an issue and plenty who don't. this isn't a region specific issue

18. j3ts83 macrumors newbie

I am from NY and my IPhone 4 is never under 3 bars.

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I love your logic. You cry in so many threads about reposts yet you continue to bump them to the top of the list.

People like you waste more time then people who choose not to search. And unless there's a thread halfway down the page that is active, what difference does it make?

20. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I live in NY but I'm in Boston for couple days at my moms aparment.

I'm staying around back bay area (5 minutes walk to apple store) in the 8th floor I'm staying in I always have 4 bars but I've learned to hold the phone differently because if I cover the antenna I get one bar.

21. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Here in the west Chicago suburbs I'm at 5 bars most of the time. Sometimes 4 but mostly at 5

22. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

23. tritonj macrumors 6502a

gottta have something to do at work to break up the BS that is always going on, lol

nice thread bump too, btw, lol