Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Thanks for all the nice wishes, everyone, Rob has been away on business, so I have had nobody to share with.

The worst part, actually, was the sore throat from the endotracheal tube, the IV, heart thing on my finger and blood pressure cuff that kept me bolted to the bed.

Then they gave me Percocet, which made me nauseous as hell for the whole night. Now I am back on Vicodin, which works much better for me.

The procedure normaly takes 30-45 minutes, but a good portion of the rupture disc material had calcified and required a lot of work (2 hours).

Back at home, on the couch with my iBook. I'll be glad when I don't have to wear these anti-embolism stockings.

Don't want to do that again anytime soon.

Thanks agian for the nice thoughts. :D

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
anonymous161 said:
How on earth would you fit 24 numbers on the face of a clock?

Next you're gonna have me putting the day before the month when I right the date down. That's just confusing.

EB030450.gif

Edit: Best wishes and cheers to a speedy recovery! :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
iGary said:
... I'll be glad when I don't have to wear these anti-embolism stockings.

I know, they're so fetching aren't they?

I still have scars from mine on my legs and toes — discovered for the first time that I have a latex allergy. Yet another hospital souvenir...

Mobilise yourself slowly and carefully but as soon as you can. Aids the circulation, respiratory and lymph systems.

My thoughts are with you.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Blue Velvet said:
I know, they're so fetching aren't they?

I still have scars from mine on my legs and toes — discovered for the first time that I have a latex allergy. Yet another hospital souvenir...

Mobilise yourself slowly and carefully but as soon as you can. Aids the circulation, respiratory and lymph systems.

My thoughts are with you.

Thanks, Blue - I am actually up working at my desk this morning, the nausea is gone, and feeling pretty good.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Ahhh I'd completely forgotten about the sore throat feeling and those special stockings (NOT a good look!)

Glad to hear it all went well and you're feeling ok.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
iGary said:
Then they gave me Percocet, which made me nauseous as hell for the whole night. Now I am back on Vicodin, which works much better for me.

I had that stuff once as well, I couldn't sleep all night because I felt like I was levitating over my bed...and I was a bit nauseous too. Never had Vicodin.

Glad to hear that the surgery was successful, and Like BV says, up and about as soon as possible.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
...and we were generally right about general anaesthetic.

It's weird, no? And not necessarily the most difficult bit, either. :)

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Blue Velvet said:
...and we were generally right about general anaesthetic.

It's weird, no? And not necessarily the most difficult bit, either. :)

The after effects are the worst. I was actually up walking around yesterday, and am again today, although my digesive tract has seen it's better days. I'm sure I'll be fine in a couple of days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.