I lost a me.com alias

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by prk60091, Sep 26, 2013.

1. prk60091 macrumors member

I truly don't know how but I no longer have an alias ( something@me.com) that I use a lot I have ( something@icloud.com ) but mail to the me.com alias bounces. Any suggestions on how to retrieve/restore that alias?

2. Rigby macrumors 68040

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you login to icloud.com and go to Mail then click the cog at the bottom left to look at account settings... then look in the Account tab... do you see the alias in that tab and is it activated.

4. Alrescha, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

Alrescha macrumors 68020

And I find this annoying. I had an alias associated with my .Mac account from many years ago. Time passes, we're all .me now - but I can't recreate that alias because it was once used with a .Mac account. I called Apple and the response was a very polite "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do".

A.

(and yes, we're all .icloud now, and I still can't use the alias I created with my (still active) .mac appleid)

5. prk60091 thread starter macrumors member

My account tab shows "something@icloud.com" not "something@me.com" and there is no way to add a me.com alias

6. prk60091 thread starter macrumors member

However I STILL receive facetime calls at that alias

Any solutions?