I lost all my files from iWork somehow this week

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HadItWithWindow, Feb 25, 2010.

1. HadItWithWindow macrumors regular

I must have deleted the folder or some other stupid mistake. When googling I came across this site. Before I even open it I was in hopes someone could tell me if it is legit or if I'm opening myself up to hackers. It is called Mcintosh Data Recover Software and is free.

http://www.datarecoverymac.org/ad.php?articleid=84&pg=recover_lost_iwork_documents

any one use this? Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. GS Owner macrumors member

This is an Observation:

You Never backed your files? I've spread out important files in, at last count, 6+ Flash Drives. Every weekend I copy the latest files all over the place. This way if something bad should happen, like it did to me some months ago, I have the latest files available to replace what was lost.

This copying exclude regular Hard Disk backups, also done regularly.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well you should not use this as a lesson to use a backup application such as apple's built in time machine.

As for data recovery, as long as you stop using your mac those services will have a better chance of recovering your data.

If you did delete them and emptied the trash, every time you use your mac, the odds are high it will over right the deleted stuff with new data, thus decreasing the odds of recovering your data.

btw, even using mobile me/iDisk is better then nothing.

bummers on your loss :(