I lost my dock in leopard, and everything is slow....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mariov, Dec 12, 2008.

1. mariov macrumors member

Hi, i have an ibook g4 1ghz 1.25 gb. It was working fine with leopard until a few days ago. Suddenly, the dock vanished, and EVERYTHING is really really slow.

Thoughts, anyone?

PD. Of course I tried system settings.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

First thing to try is restarting the computer. That often cures these sorts of issues.

Should that fail, check your Dashboard widgets. One of them may be crashing repeatedly, causing the Dock to crash along with it. The easiest way to do this is to navigate to ~/Library/Widgets and move everything in there to another folder, then log out and back in. (~ is your home folder.)

3. mariov thread starter macrumors member

That did not work. I even deleted all widgets on that folder. but nothing happens.

4. mariov thread starter macrumors member

Help, anyone? Should i reinstall the os?

Sorry to say this, but mac os is not what i expected. I´m installing ubuntu again... but i´ll keep both.

5. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Y ubuntu e' ma' facil weon? ;) :p

What have you installed recently?

6. mariov thread starter macrumors member

To everyone who doesn´t speak spanish here, that is a very rude post. :)

And yes, ubuntu is really easy to me. Everything that happens happens for a reason. I´m disappointed with OS X, cause is not as stable as UNIX should be, and as ubuntu and other distros are. :p

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

hahahaha .... us Chileans just can't help it!

What changed on the system? Any new software? Any change in hardware? Have you let it sit over night (in case it was indexing or something)?

8. ercanbas macrumors regular

Stupid question but did you perhaps set your dock to 'hide'?

9. mariov thread starter macrumors member

No we can´t. Specially you. :)

But let´s be polite with everyone else in here, everyone wants to understand what is being discussed in this forum. :)

No to all. No new hardware or software. And what is this about sitting overnight? How does indexing can be related to this?

I´m going really mad about this. I can live with no dock, but no with a slooooow pc... It made me remember my dark days as a windows user. The fix was ALWAYS do a clean install.:p:p (BTW, in ubuntu it was always SUDO something. What can be easier than that? :) :) )

10. mariov thread starter macrumors member

No. I tried all settings related to the dock, and nothing happens.

Maybe the problem is that my computer is facebook-sick. My wife was abusing of that POS. :D:D:D:D:D