i lost my ibook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by gooser, Nov 22, 2014.

1. gooser macrumors 6502a

my girlfriend has taken over my ibook to watch dvd's in bed and it doesn't look like i'm going to get it back anytime soon. so i just bought another off e-bay to replace it. the pitiful thing is i don't use it very often but i do like it and even when i get mine back it'll be nice to have a spare. they both have identical specs (1.33ghz 12") and the new one will be my first venture into leopard and not tiger. 1gb ram. i'd always wanted one so when i got one last i was really surprised at just how useful this 2005 machine still was. at least for me anyway. still won't use it much.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I cannot determine if your girlfriend stole your iBook and the relationship went sour or she loved it so much that she just keeps using it.

3. gooser thread starter macrumors 6502a

we're still together. i have no idea why she likes the thing so much. she's not computer savvy, she knows it, and i think she's a little spooked about using something expensive for fear that she'll break it. she has no fear with a $65 ibook.

4. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Leopard should run okay, but I would either disable certain features or max out that RAM. I actually can use Tiger just fine and really like it. Sadly, I have been using Leopard on PowerPC Macs way more now, and Tiger is becoming less appealing to me. (well, mostly on a machine that is good enough to run Leopard just fine). Nevertheless, Tiger is one of Apple's best versions of MacOS.

5. gooser thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah, i may put tiger on it but to start with i'll play with leopard. i am having no problem with tiger on several other machines.

6. gooser thread starter macrumors 6502a

update: i don't like leopard on this ibook. just drags too much so i wiped it dry and put tiger on it yesterday. everything is much smoother now.