I Lost MY Mail App Whoosh!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shrink, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Shrink, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Recently discovered that I no longer get the "whoosh" sound when I Send in Mac Mail.

I have the app Boom installed. For those not familiar with it, the app really boosts the output of my MPB internal speakers. Recently there was a software update for the app, and then is when I lost my "whoosh" (very embarrassing, losing your whoosh:eek:)

Deleted the app, rebooted, and my whoosh is back.

Just wondering if anyone using this app, who also downloaded the recent software upgrade, has experienced any sound, or sound effects, problems. And if you have discovered any fix so I can still use Boom AND keep my whoosh.

Thanks for any input (but no nasty comments about my whoosh):D

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Check This Link

The app developer is on the MR site:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1237930&highlight=boom+macbook+pro

3. Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

now that you said it I noticed that my woosh is also gone after I installed BOOM. weird.

let me know what the dev said.

5. Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink

Will do. But don't stand on one leg waiting because the dev only has a few posts from some time ago. I don't know if he checks PM's, or if his email notifications of PM's is activated.

I also went to www.globaldelights.com and sent in a bug report. You might want to do that if you have a minute - I figure the more noise, the better.:D

6. Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink

Just a note to anyone reading this thread.

Even if you do not choose to reply, if you have experienced any problems with Boom and you have a moment, please go to the link in the post above and send a bug report. Maybe that would generate some action.

Thanks much for your time...:D