I lost my music:(:( Music from iPod to Mac?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by samrulestothema, Mar 4, 2008.

1. samrulestothema macrumors regular

HI there,

well im going to sound like and idiot, please dont hate me for it. I recenty bouhgt an iMac ( *cheers and clapping*Thank you thank you) and in order for me to reformat my external harddrive i put all my files onto my pc, hwver Mr PC had not enough room. so after deleting my music thinking i could retrieve it again, i found out that just because it was on my ipod, didnt mean it was going to copy back onto my MAC in itunes.

Does anyone know of a program that can get my music off my ipod and onto my mac <B?!

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

ok first DO NOT SYNC your iPod to your new mac EVER (until I say to) (also what im about to say works in windows, not sure if it works in mac)

connect it, and under itunes options somewhere it says "enable disk use", enable it. (remember DO NOT SYNC!!! :)

Not sure how to do this part cause I dont own a mac but have your mac show hidden files and folders.

When you explore the contents of your iPod (again, not sure how to do this on a mac) you will see a hidden file called either iTunes or music or something. Its hidden so thats how youll know its correct.

When you go into this file youll see a bunch of music but it will have goofy names like YUHT.m4p, all those, drag and copy into itunes.

Itll look like your itunes froze but let it wait a few min and then they will start pouring in and loading into itunes.

Once thats done activate your songs (its in the itunes options somewhere) and you have em all back :)

Sorry this isnt very clear but I dont own a mac and I have no computer with itunes at the moment. Its something I do when I transfer from computer to computer and it works for me.

Oh ya, once your songs are in and the song amount matches that on your iPod THEN you can sync.

3. samrulestothema thread starter macrumors regular

hey man that was awesome! although i did not use this method i used a program that uses this method :) :) :) it showed me the hidden files. incase anyone wants to know. I USED iLinkPod! and it rules :D:D:D

anyway thanks man :D:D:D:D and i didnt update.lol

bye mofo's :D:D