I lost my O, O, O-Ring

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by enderg, Mar 6, 2017.

1. enderg macrumors member

Hello, people! The O-ring on my gen 1 Apple Watch completely fell out! I noticed the digital crown had been getting stiffer to rotate and then one day I noticed what I believed to be a piece of thread stuck in the crown. When I pulled on the piece I found out it was the little rubber O-ring. Fortunately, AppleCare covered it and I got a new watch.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I Can't be for sure, but I do know the O-ring has fallen or for other forum members Apple Watches, I believe Apple will replace the own ring without AppleCare. I don't necessarily know if it's free of charge, but I have read where it has not charged other forum members for free due to the issue. But it also might have been with the first generation Apple Watch as well.

3. Apl4Lyf macrumors newbie

How did you get a new watch? I took it up there and they mailed it off, 4 days later comes back "Repair denied. No parts were used to repair the product."

They tell me to mail it off on my own and I'll have better luck? A big capital Wuuuhhhh!!!?

Are you kidding me?

4. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

That is why I purchased Apple Care and use the advance exchange option. They send you the replacement first and then you ship yours back. This way you don't have to deal with an incompetent 'tech' denying your repair.

At this point, your options are: go back to the store and get a manager involved, call Apple Care and plead your case, or contact Tim Cook (the email goes to Executive Relations).

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Is the title of this thread meant to be a joke? O O O ring? What the...

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It's based off a movie titled "Office Space." The thread title is a line from the movie that the OP Correlated with the "O-Ring" from the Apple Watch.

7. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

8. andydajo macrumors newbie

Just had the same issue with my 6 month old Series 2 Nike Watch, crown stiff and o-ring poking out of crown. At 6 months old, sent it to Apple yesterday, they have looked at it today and a replacement will be dispatched shortly. Great service.