I lost my restore disc

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Inkmonkey, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Actually Future Shop lost it.:mad:

My hard drive on my Macbook kicked the bucket while I was installing Leopard. So I brought it to them for servicing. 3 weeks later got my laptop back. They did a data recovery for me too. But many of my programs were not installed (Photoshop, Office, etc). So I am about to install them when (like always) it asks me for my username and password. Well my Macbook no longer recognizes my password. Have used the same one for many years.

So I read that with my install disc that came with my Macbook I can reset the password. That's when I discover they did not give me that disc back when I picked up the computer. They are looking into it but who knows how long that will take.

In the meantime, is there anyway for me to reset everything without that disc? I do have the new Leopard install disc but not the original disc that came with my computer over a year ago.

I am trying my best to remain calm. Tis whole ordeal with Future Shop has been a fiasco right from the get go. Applecare for me next time.:rolleyes:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Check with the nearest Apple Store or Reseller and they might be able to accommodate you on the spot. If not, then you can order a new set of discs from AppleCare for about $17USD and they should ship for free. All they need is the serial number of your MB and you should be good to go...:(

3. Inkmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Future Shop will either get my discs or replace them. They have committed that to me. But I was just hoping for more instant gratification.:(