I lost my safari history!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Keytachi, May 27, 2008.

1. Keytachi macrumors regular

You may think this is a silly post, or a noob's post... But the fact is that i can't live without my history! I don't remember half the websites i visit, and i keep tons of pages open!
    During a restart, all this went missing :( I have a TM, so is there something i can restore to get my safari back?

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Go to your Users/Your Account/Library/Safari folder, then open Time Machine. The file you're looking for is the History.plist file. I *think* it will work to restore and older version.

3. MacHipster macrumors 6502

I understand. You're the type of person that has trust issues...with themselves. I've seen it before: have to know what sites they've been visiting, wondering if they've been having an affair, etc. Yep, You my friend are a textbook case.;):p:D

4. Keytachi thread starter macrumors regular

I truly, deeply, love you!!! It worked like a charm! I had to restore the backup from 2 hours ago though (don't know why).

Yup! I don't trust myself... If i don't know where i have been, i might find out someday i'm actually married and i'm the father of 3!

5. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

If I was a gay man, that would probably mean a lot more to me. :)

Glad it worked.

6. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

May I suggest bookmarks?

I mean, you don't have to bookmark EVERY site you visit... but if, for example, you frequent 6 of the forums on this site... well, don't make 6 bookmarks, just make ONE macrumors bookmark.