I lost my sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjs08, Dec 16, 2007.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Noticed tonite when I was typing in an e-mail that I had no clicking when I struck keys. I also noticed that I couldn't hear my iTunes songs via the speakers in the iPhone. I plugged in my iPod ear buds and still no sound. I was able to get sound when I tried out my ringtones that I had assigned contacts. I'm confused as to what caused the problem, and how to rectify it.

I did run my iPhone/iPod via my car iPod connection. I went out to my car and was able to hear my iTunes via the iPod connection there. I popped the cable from the iPod car connection and got my iPod/iPhone sound back, but now I have no ring at all when I call my phone.

I created ringtones today via Garage Band. Could that have fouled something up. I did it all via Garage Band and files from iTunes.

I also use my iPhone in my car via the BLuetooth connection. I have that turned off now and still no ring when a call comes in.

I do get a ringtone when I test it, but not when a call comes in.

Any thoughts??

Frank

2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

The iPhone thinks the earbuds are still plugged in. It's a common occurance. You probably can't hear anything when you make a call too. Keep playing with the earbuds, taking them in and out and trying to play the music with them in and with them out. I know it is very annoying, but this is the only way I've found a fix.

I hope this sort of helps you.

3. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Yeah, mine does the same thing from time to time after I take the ear buds out. What can you do....

4. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>The iPhone thinks the earbuds are still plugged in. <<

What I had to do was plug the iPod jack into the iPhone and into the car jack port. I got the music playing back through the car speakers, pulled the plug on the jack in the iPhone and the music kept playing through the speakers on the iPhone. As for the ring sounds, my wife was playing with the phone and muted the phone by shifting the switch on the upper left of the iPhone. I make sure I never touch it, so THAT doesn't happen. <g> Guess I'll just use my actual video iPod in the car and not use the iPhone as an iPod there...and get my wife her own iPhone<g>.

Thanks.

Frank

5. stevelaw macrumors member

This happened to me when I pulled my earphone plug out before stopping a song playing on the iPod. Replug your headset, start a song on the iPod, stop the song, pull the headset plug, and power down your iPhone. This fixed my problem.