I lost my USB hub -- help me please

Discussion in 'macOS' started by deepdark, Feb 10, 2009.

1. deepdark macrumors newbie

I woke up this morning with strange issue. I have a iMac 20" Intel with USB mouse and keyboard from Apple, so I lost them. They are not working when I boot into the Diagnostic mode they are working, but when Leopard loads they wont any help please?

thanks

2. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Welcome, aside from your own strange issues :p :) was the iMac asleep? and then you woke it and the mouse/keyboard didn't work? .

If so , restart your iMac, to do this ... go to the Blue Apple logo in the top left of your screen, click it, in the drop down menu which appears select restart,
    let us know how you get on, hope this helps

~m

3. deepdark thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant make a restart from mouse or keyboard because they don't Work ... when i restart my imac with recovery dvd inside with D key pressed i get diagnostic menu all works fine but when i start leopard they won't work.. NO mouse,keyboard,camera,bluetooth they are not on system profiler list ... so i can access my mac true my macbook pro screen sharing ??? any help please

4. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Your right of course , my bad . I am currently in recovery from operation and the medication makes me slightly more than dozey at times .

Do a hard off by pressing and holding the power button for 5 or 6 seconds , then restart the machine while at the same time holding down the 'Command' , 'Option' , 'P' and 'R' keys , this will reset your PRAM, hopefully it'll help. although any settings not saved will be lost.

~m

Edit>
    You could also take a look at the page linked below on the Apple support site detailing USB troubleshooting.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1720

if that doesn't help try reading this Apple support document for troubleshooting USB mice
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1986

Both worthy of a read to help isolate the cause of USB issues on a Mac

let us know how you get on .