I love Amazon's "One time exception" policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by painholic, Aug 21, 2011.

1. painholic macrumors member

I recently ordered MBA 13inch using 20% off coupon.
    I own a regular kindle, not the special offers kindle so I was not technically eligible to receive this coupon. But I sent an email to Amazon Representatives and the representative told me that I am not supposed to receive a coupon because my kindle isn't a special offers kindle. BUT he said that he will make "one time exception" and gave me the coupon.

Couple of days ago, Amazon lowered the price of MBA back to $1549. So I sent an email again to match this price because I paid $1599 minus (20% discount) for it. The representative said that Amazon does not offer post price guarantee but he will make an "one time exception" this time so he matched the price.

I love how they say "one time exception" all the time haha
    I <3 Amazon customer service

2. DieterRams macrumors regular

3. basher macrumors 6502

basher

He will, but he's gonna have to make a "one time exception."

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I got a one time exception from free shipping to 1 day shipping. Still waiting for the laptop though. :(

5. Surely Guest

Surely

I get one time exceptions from Amazon every other week....

6. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Thats awesome! This is like when apple made a "one time exception" for me and replaced the entire casing of my old MB for free :)

7. Surely Guest

Surely

I got another one time exception today.

I wanted to order a new Mac Mini and 8GB of RAM from Amazon, but B&H was offering a free copy of Parallels 6 for Mac ($60 value) if you buy from them. The prices were the same.

So, I decided to call up Amazon and tell a rep that B&H was giving away $60 of software with the purchase of a Mac Mini. I told him that I'd prefer to buy from Amazon, but the deal B&H was offering was too good to pass up. At first, the rep said that they don't price match. I explained that it wasn't necessarily a price match since the prices are the same, but I hoped an exception could be made because I'm a pretty good customer. I told him that it doesn't have to be the software, but perhaps a credit towards my purchase could be applied if I buy from Amazon while on the phone.

He looked up my account, and decided that I am a good customer.:D

He credited me the cost of the RAM, so I got that for free. Wheee.

I loves me some Amazon.

8. DieterRams macrumors regular

You asked for a credit towards your RAM purchase ($60) but he just gave you the entire RAM for free? So you got 8GB of RAM for free?

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

10. jsolares macrumors 6502a

I bought a 4GB SODIMM for 25$ a couple of months ago.

11. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes, I got 8GB of RAM for free.

I asked for a credit towards my entire purchase. I bought the Mini and the RAM (well, the RAM was free) from Amazon.

[​IMG]

But seriously, (I think) I'm a really good customer. They told me that I have over 300 purchases from them in the past 3 years. I doubt they would have done the same thing for just anyone.

12. DieterRams macrumors regular

Ok so in other words, the RAM price was $60 to begin with?

13. Surely Guest

Surely

No, the RAM price was around $50. I let the extra $10 slide. However, there is a $10 mail-in rebate associated with the RAM, so I guess it does add up to $60.:D

14. anutharoundu macrumors member

[​IMG]

I had some problems receiving an item from amazon one time. I called their customer service because it had been 6 weeks and I did 3 day shipping and without even knowing where the item was at they gave me a full refund and a coupon.

15. eatboulders macrumors newbie

Put me on the list. I've been trying to get Amazon to honor my Kindle promo code for the past 2 weeks. Everything has failed. I've tried chats, emails, calls...had a relative give it a go through their account (and Amazon seems to love his account, he winds up with free Amazon credit all the time...) but I've been rejected (quite often rudely) by every representative. Bad luck I guess. Ho hum.

16. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Both Amazon and Apple makes OTE's all the time for me.

Wonder why I pretty much only shop with them exclusively.

(and maybe target, but they too have made one time exceptions on returns and such).

17. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Becareful Amazon will send you an email you are banned for having to given so many exceptions. If you do not believe me do a search on google. Amazon will also ban all accounts you are associated with including if anyones account logged in on you computer. Better to just be fair and honest.

18. Surely Guest

Surely

Okay there, chief.:roll eyes: <---oh look, Lion's autocorrect spaced out those words. I'll fix that: :rolleyes:

Who here isn't being fair and honest?