I love Apple and their products, but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Giver '94, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Written by an Apple fan/fanatic just like you........

So I'm looking to buy some new headphones for my new iPhone. I'm interested in mainly Bose and B&O earphones. At the Apple store, they have displays of limited selections including a few standard Bose headphones and their own white earbuds. I see some of what I want on the accesories rack, but most of it is completely empty, even though they have told me that they have "things in stock" in the back. Like that is really going to help me understand what they have that I want. "Let me check" is a common response for anything specific. (15 minutes later) They have what I want, but, as anyone willing to invest 100-200+ $$ in headphones should, I want to try them out. They tell me that they don't have a display of what I'm looking for and can't opent the box because "it's not allowed." HUH???????
    First off, do you expect me to stick some earbud into my ear after it's been touched by thousands of people and has turned brown instead of white or silver. Second, instead of comparing headphones, reps told me to buy both, open both packages in the store, decide then, and return what I don't like. (keep in mind that their stores are still loaded with people that are looking to buy an iPhone or asking if you get a free apple (fruit) if you buy something there) LOL
    I'm thinking, you've got to be kidding me! That is just ridiculous!!! They will end up repackaging fewer things if they let me try before I buy. I think that their current policy is outrageous, especially since you have no place to try out the products and only have 2 weeks to return them if you don't like them.
    Has anyone else had this experience?? It seems to me that Apple didn't learn from last year's iPhone launch, which you think they would've. I know they have a killer product that is in such high demand that people are willing to wait, but it seems like too much else is being neglected by Apple. (store experience, 2.0 BLEGH!! software, iTunes/App Store issues, etc) I'm an Apple fanboy too, but I think Apple needs to get off their high horse and deal with issues instead of being Microsoft. I'm getting a tad frustrated here, aren't you?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I probably would have been frustrated as you are, but I went to the MWSF '08, and tried out about 25 different headphones and each one had the "replacement" earbud cushions for each set of headphones tested. After I decided on the headphones, I walked over to the BestBuy Booth and purchased the Bose In-Ear Headphones for 15% off, and still use them to this day. I've never been able to test out Apple's in-store headphones, nor would I buy headphones from Apple for that reason. BestBuy is my first choice...:cool:

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I agree. Buy Apple products at the Apple store. Buy accessories elsewhere.

4. Love Juice macrumors regular

if your looking for new headphones, just go to www.head-fi.org for reviews / recommendations and then buy online or from somewhere else?

5. Surely Guest

Surely

I bought the V-Moda Vibe Duos for my iPhone back in February, and I'm still very happy with them.

I was able to try them out before I purchased them at the Apple Store. They had this little V-Moda briefcase of them so people could try them out, including a bunch of the replaceable silicone ear fittings. I stuck a new pair of the ear fittings on and tried them out. Since I liked them and bought them, the Apple rep gave me a few extra pairs of the ear fittings to take with me.

6. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Yet you expect to stick brand new earbuds into your ear and then, if you don't like them, have someone else try them?

Don't buy headphones at the Apple store, you can find them much cheaper elsewhere.