I LOVE APPLE!!! Overheating iPhone 5s replaced!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brandon263, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Brandon263 macrumors 6502

I recently sold my iPhone and bought an HTC One M8, which I used for about two weeks. The phone was great, but it was a bit too big and sometimes took fuzzy pictures. So I decided to exchange if with someone else for an iPhone 5s.

Unknown to me, the iPhone 5s the person exchanged with me was faulty and would randomly overheat and lose 20 to 30 percent battery. After communicating with AppleCare over the past week and trying all the normal steps to save battery, like turning off LTE, location services and background refresh, the phone was still overheating and having battery issues. I was really worried that I would be stuck with this issue and Apple would just say this was “normal operating behavior” or something similar.

Unexpectedly, when I called AppleCare again yesterday, they just told me to go to my nearest store today. After giving the Genius my AppleCare case ID, she just replaced it no questions asked and apologized for all I had to go through.:D:D:D

I LOVE APPLE! I’M GOING TO BUY THE **** OUT OF THE IPHONE 6 AND IWATCH. BRING IT ON APPLE, BRING IT ON!

(Sorry for the random outburst of excitement.)

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Apple replaced a defective phone that was under warranty. In other words, they did exactly what they're supposed to do (and possibly legally required to do by the terms of the warranty). I'm not sure what they did to require such praise.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

We've been a little spoilt with our support. Other OEMs would make it a little more difficult, or request you send the device off for troubleshooting/servicing -- you'll be without it for weeks in some cases.

The OP had a great experience with getting a defective phone quickly replaced in a manner convenient for them, and is happy as a result. Nothing wrong with that; it's refreshing to see threads like this.

To the OP: I'm pleased to hear your problem was resolved quickly!

4. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

Somehow you sound like a fanboy but at the same time you don't