I love apple!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acssprez1, Dec 26, 2010.

1. acssprez1 macrumors newbie

I read allot of bad things about Apple support on these forums and just wanted to share my recent experience.

A few months ago I ordered a new MacBook Pro from the online store and had it mailed to an undisclosed military location I was supporting in Central Asia. After two weeks of blissful use, I accidentally dumped an entire cup of coffee all over it. I almost cried! Not an apple store within 10,000 miles! I returned to the states a few weeks ago and took it to the Apple Store here in Jacksonville Florida. Without an appointment, I managed to talk to the guy at the genius bar and explained what happened. He informed me that I would have to pay $1200 to have it repaired. I agreed, since it was obviously my stupidity that caused the liquid damage. After talking a few minutes, he asked me to wait a minute while he spoke to his manager. He returned, and happily informed me that they would go ahead and fix it for free this one time, but only this one time. Needless to say, Apple made my Christmas that much a happier one :) I just wanted to share this experience with everyone. Apple has indeed made a fanboy out of me!! Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to all!!

2. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Great to hear that.. Merry Christmas to you as well!!

3. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

out of curiosity. did they say why? or was it just random...

4. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

First, thank you for serving our country. Second, the Jax Town Center Apple Crew is just awesome. I had a self inflicted iPhone screen issue after my dog chewed it up. Took it in and they just replaced it.

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Great story......It just goes to show that if you are polite and you also get a good person on the other end that they do have the latitude to act outside of guidelines.

6. acssprez1 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, they didn't say, and I wasn't going to ask and give them time to change their mind ;) They may have looked up my name and seen I have bought three MacBooks, three iPods, and four iPhones for my family. They may be just taking care of regular customers. Whatever the reason, Im a happy customer for sure!

I just got a call from them this morning informing me that the laptop is ready to be picked up.

7. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

good for you...great story