I love Apple!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thankins, Mar 22, 2011.

1. thankins macrumors 6502

So made an appointment last night cause I had a dead pixel right were the text in iBook would start - made it a pain in the ass to read. But it all still worked. I made a genius appointment last night to see what they would say about it

So I am getting out of my car this morning at a clients and grabbed my ipad and dropped it on the pavement - it shattered the screen. I was devastated. :(

I came in to my appointment and explained to them about the dead pixel but they couldn't see it since the screen was shattered. He said no problem and went and got to see if they could get me a replacement. They were out of my white model but said he had black and would be happy to exchange it for that.

I was sooo happy - sorry for the pointless thread just wanted to share my excitement and share the great experience at the Apple store!

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

You're lucky. Many Apple stores wouldn't even make an exchange for a dead pixel--and definitely not a shattered screen.

3. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Nice. I had a similar experience with my iPhone 3G. Cracked the screen slightly after babying it for 11.5 months. Took it to Apple and told them that I know cracked screens aren't covered but I thought I would see how generous they were feeling today. The genius said I'll replace it for you because you didn't come in here demanding it. "if you buy a new car and get into an accident leaving the lot, you don't come back to the dealership expecting them to give you a new car. Do you?" His quote rings true. Congrats on getting a replacement.

4. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I get that Apple is a customer oriented company, but why are they exchanging shattered iPads for new ones when something like that is clearly not covered & there is a shortage of iPads to fill orders right now?

OP, I am glad it worked out for you, I just don't get Apple's policies sometimes.

5. AldoRay macrumors member

OP, very happy for you. They did a similar thing for me when I dropped my 6 month old iPhone, shattering the back glass. They just repaired it, took 10 minutes, no charge. Thanks for the post.

6. EdwardMoffet macrumors member

WOW that's awesome! Did you buy it from an Apple store?

7. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Great products and great services! That's why there are no real competition!

8. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

You would if they did the same for you.

9. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I needed that laugh more than you know :p love that movie