i love apple.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dragonmantek, Apr 24, 2008.

1. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

recently, my ipod touch screen got screwed up, and the touching function wasn't working, so i got really worried, and thought if they wouldnt replace it, because a friend of mine had trouble with his (his entire screen is cracked and they want to charge him 200 bucks), and i have a couple of good scratches on it.

so i go onto apple care login site, and it turns out i have coverage until 2009 of october, which is great for 100 bucks.

so its my first time doing this, or sending anything in for repair.

i tell them my problems, and anything else they needed to know, and the very next day, the box comes in, and thats amazing service.

so i send it, and 4 days later, i get a fresh new ipod, no questions.

i love apple.

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

glad you had a good experience. i think apple stands out as having great costumer service. never had a problem with them and they are always very very nice on the phone even if you have a stupid question

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I don't think him cracking his screen would be considered "having trouble with"

:D

4. dragonmantek thread starter macrumors regular

dragonmantek

it was trouble as in, they wanted money for it.

me and my friends laugh at him, cause now he walks around with an ipod touch that has huge noticeable cracks all over it.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, that makes sense. Scratching and cracking of the glass is not covered by warranty. You could be excused as your iPod had suffered from hardware failure (non-working touch sensors) in addition to having a scratched screen.

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

That' great! Was it a totally new iPod or a refurb. that looked new? My experience in the iPod world is if you get a replacement it's not new but a refurb.

Good for you either way:)

7. dragonmantek thread starter macrumors regular

dragonmantek

well on the package it says replacement ipod, new, not refurbished.

i honestly dont think refurbished would even matter, because its the software that counts.

8. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I am waiting for my second replacement iPod Touch. The first failed to turn on after 4 weeks use and the second would not charge properly after 1 weeks use. I agree that the service is really good, the only problem I have is the quality of the product.

9. dragonmantek thread starter macrumors regular

dragonmantek

well, sorry that you feel that way, but i'm in love with mine.

10. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I have used and abused (to some extent) and I have yet to have a problem....

11. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I have used and abused mine, and I have yet to had a problem....

Edit: oh darn dubble post

12. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

It must be poor build quality. To be totally honest I have purchased many (and I mean many :eek:) Apple products over the years and this is the first item that I have had problems with. My luck has obviously come to an end :(