I love apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djmatt, Jun 28, 2010.

1. djmatt macrumors member

I officially am in love with apple.

First off, I got my iPhone the day it came out, bought a bumper with it, and have been in love with it since. I have not had a single issue with the phone and have not been able to come up with a single complaint.
    Last night, I had my iPhone in my lap while I was in the car, I got out, and :eek:. About a 4 foot drop onto the concrete. I look around, and find a small scratch/crack a little below the camera. I was very upset to see that the bumper really did not do much protecting. I decided to take it in to apple today and tell them what happened. Walked out with a brand new iPhone.

:apple: is the best

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

3. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

Great story fanboy! So glad to hear! Why not try taking that bumper off and realise your phone is defective?

4. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

"realise" :confused:

lmao

5. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

So why don't you speak for yourself? Because it's rather arrogant to assume that everyone is experience the same issue as you. And what's wrong with being a fanboy? It's the same thing as preferring a brand of sports car or a Sports team (Example - US Soccer team).

6. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

No it's not.

I prefer pasta to cheese, does that make me a pasta fanboy?

7. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Obviously you never been to boston and met any die hard Red sox fans.

8. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

What were you expecting from that post? Intelligence? :p

To the OP, glad to hear you got hooked up! :)

9. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Most DO NOT have the issue. Sucks for those who do. The rest of us are enjoying flawlessness.

"Hey that's not nice".

Don't fault the response. It's fitting for the tone of the post.

Next.

10. WilliamG macrumors G3

This is like putting a condom over your index finger and wondering why your girlfriend got pregnant, if you ask me.

But what do I know....?

11. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

That would be true. I haven't been to America as of yet.

Quite frankly, I don't think Apple should have replaced it. There are thousands of customers out there, who have pre-ordered, who are still yet to recieve their iPhone.

12. WilliamG macrumors G3

Ignorant American. :rolleyes:

lmao.

13. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

You realize there are variations in the English language, correct? That's why products will have English (US) and English (UK) - even the iPhone has this feature. ;)

14. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Exactly. Some people won't accept the fact quite a few of us are happy with our phones.

Anyways - congrats, man! I, too, love Apple.

15. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Cultural sensitivity fail!

16. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

for me the bumper doesn't help with the reception issues but it does look nice

17. Polo5 macrumors regular

lol :p

18. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Why don't you speak for yourself? Myself and many others have had no issues so far with the pone. While it's unfortunate that others have, don't tell me I'm having problems when I'm not.

19. macduke Suspended

macduke

I actually love the bumper on my iPhone 4. I was skeptical and didn't even plan on buying one, but once I tried it out I knew I had to have it. The thing is nicer in person, and is very snug on the iPhone. The metal button pass-throughs are a nice touch. I like how grippy it feels in my hand compared to my previous inCase Slider, and since its on the sides, the phone slides in and out of the pocket easier than an entire rubber case. I have been considering getting screen protectors for front and back, but I wonder how much good that would actually do.

To the OP: Do you know what part of the phone it landed on? Was it the corner, edge, screen side down, back side down? The bumper provides a little gap for falls on the edge, as it raises the area of contact. Was there any gravel or small rocks outside your car? That's my primary concern. A rock could come into contact with the glass and bypass the bumper's edges when falling at a rather flush angle.

I've only dropped my iPhone twice. One was the first generation, and it dented the corner edge a little. My 3g and 3GS were in cases, and it wasn't until two weeks ago that I dropped my 3GS, scratching the front edge of the case. Both times were just sliding out of my lap when getting out of the car. It happens when I'm on trips using the GPS for directions and forget that it's in my lap. Get out to get gas, and boom, hits the ground. At least I don't have a giant car like the OP that causes my phone to drop 4ft to the ground, lol. Just about 2ft and a slide across the concrete.