I Love Applecare : Macbook Pro edition :P

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shamash, Jun 5, 2010.

1. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

So a couple months ago, I started to notice my screen on my Unibody Jan6th09 MBP15" was very wobbly, and would make a sorta cracking noise while opening and closing it..

I then saw, weeeks later, when putting it into the case I have for it, that it wasn't closing all the way in the back, and the unibody structure was semi-disattached and not closing all the way. I was freaking out, it looked like it was dropped and I had no idea what would make it go like that... I had never dropped my computer and the most action it sees is being carried from my Apartment to Campus (a 30ish minute walk) in a sleeve in my messenger bag..

Anyways, I bring it in to the Apple store, and they immediately tell me that it's an issue that happens really often. They ask no questions, and take it back to fix it.

Just 2.5 HOURS LATER! I get a phone call saying it's ready to be picked up. They replaced my fans, blew out all the dust in the computer, replaced the entire top display, and the wireless card. Easily over 1000 of parts+labor, all for free. The manager of the store was the one to take the computer out to me and give it to me, I guess they have her do it for really expensive repairs, and the one thing she asked me to do was say it with her: "I love applecare."

This all went down about 8 hours ago, but I just thought to post it now :)

2. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

I know!!!, 1.5 years into my apple care and i get a new battery, awesome!!
    3 people I know with hp pavillion notebooks had the battery crap out after about a year and they had to pay $129 to get a new battery.

3. bbazzahh macrumors newbie

Even though initially the Applecare is fairly costly for a Macbook Pro. If any repairs were needed, the applecare pretty much pays for itself.

Very glad to hear you had a great experience with an Apple Retail Store =]