I love Apple's leather case but...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by foxconn, Sep 10, 2016.

1. foxconn Suspended

please give the option of having it cover the entire phone like the 5S leather cases. it looks so ugly with the bottom open and from what i understand, the reason why it was left open in the first place was because of headphones.

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

The bottom is the part that broke on my 5s case (after 2 years). I like the open look.

3. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Yup. I want a covered bottom too. The only reason they removed it is to save themselves money, because as rKunda mentioned, everyone was bringing in broken cases.

Instead of fixing the problem by reinforcing that area, they just decided to do away with it.

Leaving the bottom exposed won't be pretty for the Jet Black phones.

Even the 6S Plus phones with the anodization problem had nasty looking bottoms.

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

How are you damaging the bottom? I know the case doesn't cover it but...how...??

5. foxconn thread starter Suspended

i'm not damaging the bottom, i just think it looks stupid.

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Never thought about it looking ugly. Hopefully I don't become aware of the ugliness. I will blame OP. :)

7. nawoo macrumors regular

I fell while walking up the stairs with my phone in hand. The phone hit the stairs at an angle where the opening of the bottom part of the case was, and it cracked my iPhone 6s plus screen.

So much for having a case to protect you from these kinds of things

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

That is a bummer. But if you hit it at the right angle most cases don't completely protect the phone.

9. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

Very true, if you hit it at the right angle NO case will save you, a good screen protector and a good case is required to prevent a broken screen no matter what.

i have the jet black pre ordered and im going to be buying the black apple leather case for it, dont mind the bottom of the case is open, the case this year is even nicer too because its going to have aluminum buttons for the volume and power button.

10. iPhisch macrumors 6502

I prefer the open bottom so I can still use my "vintage" alarm clock dock with the 30-pin dongle. I'm thinking I might get the Saddle Brown for my Black 7.