I love AT&T with the iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psblake, Oct 20, 2011.

1. psblake macrumors member

I know there are a lot of haters with AT&T and Verizon lovers for some reason. But I gotta say I have never waited the full two years to upgrade my Iphone and AT&T has always given me an early upgrade. My friend just went into Verizon and checked his status. He has to wait until 2013! Verizon wanted 300 dollars to upgrade his crappy pantech phone that has been giving him trouble from day one.

Now granted he is only about 10 months into his contract but wow there was NO early upgrade option at all his option was 300 dollars or use the pantech texting phone until 2013! Got my Iphone 4 about 14 months ago and Bam first day the 4s was out I was eligible!

BTW in my area AT&T is faster with 3g and unless I am in a mountainous area it rarely drops calls. So just my story the 4S downloads faster and I do call and surf a lot and i love the wireless sync of IOS5.

Any other AT&T users that love the service? BTW I switched initially to AT&T because at my home the verizon signal was horrible and AT&T would give 4 bars in my basement.

2. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

I like their customer service. Signal is eh 1-2 bars in this area.

3. psblake thread starter macrumors member

Yes I agree I have always had good luck with customer service as well.

4. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

5. drober30 macrumors 6502a

I have been very happy with AT&T since the first iPhone but I have to say that I know it depends on region.

Cant fault those who have bad reception where they live for not liking a specific carrier.

6. ksz macrumors 68000

Last yeat AT&T built a new cell tower in the foothills where I live. They're leasing land from a neighbor, and the tower is quite discreet -- just a white cylinder on a tall pole. The neighborhood went from barely 1 bar to a full 5. That's service. They did it because we asked them to; we complained and they conceded.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I used to deal with the spotty call service and just kind of brush it off..... But lately its been really bad, like I cant get through most of my calls bad. And I live in NYC a metro area. I didnt even touch the 4S even though I am eligible for an upgrade. I am sad to say that after 7 years with AT&T I might be biting the bullet and moving to Verizon when the next iPhone comes out... Me and my girlfriend just can't take it any more.

8. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

I got my iPhone 4 at the date of release and I am not eligible for an upgrade. I called and they refuse to upgrade me one month early so I left them for Verizon (Wanted me to pay $450 for 4S when I can ETF for $165 + 200 for new phone ha). As far as the improved speed goes I doubt I'll see much of a difference since I'm in NYC one of the most congested cities. Funny thing is even though AT&T is notorious for bad coverage in NYC especially downtown I actually get amazing coverage. The main letdown was that I have also have a house in Long Island and there my coverage is nil. Let's see how well Verizon does to keep me as a customer. Who knows maybe my next iPhone will be on tmobile or sprint :D

9. meder87 macrumors regular

I honestly believe now that no wireless carrier is really better than the other. I think there are just certain areas of the United States where some carriers predominantly cover the area better for reception and data. Customer service is probably a hit or miss. But also factor in that people will complain if they can't get an early upgrade when they signed a 2 year contract. I have AT&T and I like them. I've been using them with my family since I was 14. I live in Atlanta so i'm most likely going to get great speeds and coverage with AT&T.

10. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

They always say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The happy majority sit back and enjoys AT&T, the few people that have issue complain about their issues to everyone.

11. meder87 macrumors regular

No offense man, but do you know how ridiculous you sound that you left AT&T without having any real issues just because you couldn't wait a month? I kind of hope now that Verizon treats you like dirt so that you come crawling back to AT&T. Sad part is the 4S is a weak upgrade from 4 that its not even worth wasting the upgrade.

12. Obscurelight, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

Obscurelight macrumors 6502

I guess you missed the part where I said I don't get any coverage at my other house. :rolleyes: please read the whole thing. Also there was the fact that Verizon will unlock my phone for international use unlike AT&T who makes me pay outrageous roaming fees when I travel.

13. antman2295 macrumors 6502

I love At&t's service, and ive almost always had good customer service, but the only thing im disappointed in, is that i can barely get 1mbps, usually less. The fastest ive gotten so far is 1.23 mbps down, and i get AMAZING upload about 1mbps up. Should i call and tell At&t there are tower issues, or they want to be considered the fastest, they should upgrade their towers over here?

14. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

I live in NYC and usually get 5.5/1.2 and during prime hours it never drops below 1mbps even with low signal.

15. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Yes, for some strange reason though a lot of people complain coverage sucks in NYC maybe the people that complain don't actually live here haha.

16. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

I dont think I can or should prove to anyone that I live in NYC. Here is my test done a few minutes ago.

Attached Files:

17. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I've always had good service with AT&T. The service in my area is great and the only time I have service issues is when going to very remote areas. While, I'm sure Verizon may work better in some of those remote areas, it's not a huge deal.

As far as customer service goes, I've always had great customer service on the phone and in the stores.

I also like that I can talk and be on the internet at the same time.

18. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Where are you?

19. Jladd4420 macrumors newbie

i live in Kansas and have AT&T and before i switched to the 4S i had the Samsung infuse and the internet worked mostly at 3-5mb down and 1 up, but for the last two days Ive had this

EDIT* and dont mind that im on Wi-Fi took pic while driving and uploaded at work.

Attached Files:

20. Brazzy macrumors regular

I love having $30 unlimited data. Thanks ATT!

21. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

22. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

What did you have to pay for your early upgrade?

23. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Early upgrade not at fully subsidized price is 450 for 16gb 550 for 32gb and 650 for 64gb

24. Colgin macrumors member

I live in NYC and have suffered for the past two years with ATT's terrible coverage. There hasn't been a single day where I don't have multiple dropped calls or calls that don't initially go through. If things are better on the 4S then great and I am happy for people. However, I decided to jump ship and go back to Verizon and picked up my Verizon Iphone 4s today. If it is not a significant improvement (which I expect it will be) then I will return it within 14 days and go back to ATT where I have unlimited data. But assuming Verizon can hold calls then I will stick with them even if it means slightly slower data speeds.

Also, most of the places I go to get lunch in midtown I get no data on my ATT Iphone 3GS. According to friends with Verizon Iphones that is not an issue for them. Tomorrow I am going to stop by my some of my haunts with both phones to compare. (Note that I am aware it won't be a completely fair test as my Iphone 3GS on ATT clearly is not HPSA+; however, the ATT reps I have spoken to said I should not expect data on the new Iphone 4S in spots where I currently never receive data, just that data should be faster when I do have coverage).

25. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

AT&T's customer service has never been much of an issue.

With the 4S, as they say, I'm getting more bars in more places.

Data speeds seem to be about 4x from the iPhone 4, likely due in part to the better reception. Side-by-side at home, I am getting one bar on the 4 and four bars on the 4S.