Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I have to say I'm a huge fan, huge fan of Atomic Browser and iCab. Being able to open tabs in the background is pure bliss for me and Safari has already been placed on my last page of apps.

However..

Both apps really drain my battery. Spending 10 minutes on either Atomic or iCab reduce my battery by 3%, sometimes 4%. Though this isn't the highest number in the world it is in no way compared with Safari. With Safari I can browse for 30 minutes and my battery life still remains at 100%.

I don't understand it, but it is happening.

I decided to post not to rant but rather in the hopes of someone having some sort of solution...Cause I really do like these apps.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I use Atomic exclusively as my primary browser and have also tried iCab also. I do not see that level of battery drainage that you mention. I also find it hard to believe that a browser is causing those drainage issues. Once the page is rendered, there is no cause for the browser to take a toll on the processor and cause the battery to get taxed.

smotheredhope

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2009
I use Atomic exclusively as my primary browser and have also tried iCab also. I do not see that level of battery drainage that you mention.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.