I love & hate cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by getatkyill, Jul 16, 2010.

1. getatkyill macrumors regular

So..right when I bought my iPhone 4 (like many of others) I purchased an iPhone case (iFrogz) then I couldn't stand the bulkyness of it. Now I've been using the white bumper for the 14th day which is now of course the last day of return. I took off my bumper last night to clean it with a micro fiber cloth and noticed a decent size scratch on the bottom right silver where I also saw a piece of dust in the bumper so cleaned it all out, then I noticed little white dots that I can't tell if are a scratch or not (not actually on the screen) but they are a long the edge where the bumper meets.

So I can't tell if keeping my bumper on my iPhone 4 will actually be okay considering the amount of dust that I've already noticed scratching it..should I bring back for a different case or just go naked? I just don't know any other good cases that are tightly fitted to prevent dust from scratching the phone..dots/scratches appear to only be on front, not back of phone.

Also..could those dots be a factory defect??

2. getatkyill thread starter macrumors regular

Am I just that OCD about it? Didn't know if many of you were having similar issues with bumpers or cases.

3. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I bought a Body Glove case at AT&T and haven't had any problem with build-up or dust or anything else as far as I've noticed. I figured with the flat back and how the iPhone 4 body isn't slicker than oil I wasn't going to need a case this time but...you know....

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Choose your poison: direct scratches on phone without a case, or friction scratches from debris rubbing between a phon and the case. It's called wear and tear.

5. getatkyill thread starter macrumors regular

Mmm I tried the one of the body gloves (burberry looking). I was concerned with the snapping being a problem and the front was more exposed but after all the case hunting..seems like all they do is cause annoyances.

6. davyreins macrumors 6502

The dust that gets between the phone and case and causes scratching is one of the reasons I don't use cases anymore. I would only suggest using a case if you drop your phone a lot (or just want a case).

Supposedly the bumper doesn't really do much for protecting the phone when you drop it. If you're worried about little scratches then I would just go naked or make sure you clean the dust out from the case regularly. I don't own an iPhone 4, but that has been my experience with cases and my 3G.

Not sure about the white dots...

7. getatkyill thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe the white dots could be a defect? Only way I'll definitely find out would be bringing it in to the store. My previous 3GS, I had a case on for like a month..took off and used it for bout a year with it naked and not a problem.

But appearantly the iPhone 4 is much more sensitive to scratches..

8. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Not a fan of the bumper either.

Got my white one last night and already took it off.

It raises my front and back Wrapsol films and it's not really a tight fit...disappointed.

9. getatkyill thread starter macrumors regular

Does the Wrapsol look barely noticeable and work exactly the way it should? Reason I ask is because the invisibleshield by ZAGG was absolutely terrible looking on the iPhone and it was nearly impossible not to have bubbles appear.

10. fishmoose macrumors 68000

That's the problem I have with cases to, sure they might help if you drop the phone but they scratch the hell out of products. I think I'm just going to use an iPod Sock with the iPhone 4.

11. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

I have the Wrapsol Original with the matte back. The matte back looks great and goes on clean.

The front flims of Wrapsol, BSE, ZAGG are all pretty much made out the same material. You'll have that "glossy" look to it with some orange peel.

If you want a clear front, Powersupport films are the best out there. I have my Wrapsol front on and waiting for my Powersupport front film to arrive.

12. getatkyill thread starter macrumors regular

I looked into this actually, but after researching a little further..people were complaining on how it was scratching the iPhone when taking in and out of sock.

13. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I doubt they would unless you have a dirty sock :p