I love how thin the 6 is but does the silicone keep it thin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 25, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Is the silicone one of the thinnest cases? Is it still protective?

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

It's not going to provide extreme drop protection, but it should protect against minor drops and scratches. It's very slim and provides some nice added grip (without being sticky) to help prevent drops.

Mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Once I can find one of those locally I think that is what I will stick with for now.

I'm glad the inside is lined and it's not just like the old silicone cases that allowed dust and other things in to scratch the back of the phone. :)

4. F150Blue macrumors newbie

Isn't that leather?

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Nope, that's silicone. These are not silicone cases as in the stretchy, tacky, squishy cases. These are semi-rigid cases with soft-touch silicone covering and microfiber interior lining, built with the same materials as an iPad smart cover.

6. funkymonkeyboy macrumors regular

I initially got the silicon one but didn't like the feel. Too much grip and attracted fluff. I swapped it for the leather case and I am delighted with it. Much nicer feel.

7. F150Blue macrumors newbie

It looks blue, that is why I asked....I did not think apple made a dark blue....

8. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Perhaps your monitor requires calibration. :) It is a 'cooler' gray rather than warm, but it's not bluish.

9. Glene macrumors 6502

the black silicone is a slate color...very nice but it does gather some lint...I have a red leather cover too, I am leaning more toward the leather, but like both...