Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capnjiggins

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Fantastic game by Namco makes its was to the App store. I never even heard this was coming! Dl'ing now...impressions soon! $7.99 btw

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Good catch :). I've been very interested in the console iterations but never purchased them. Will definitely give this a go....

edit: 90MB :(. I'll have to download it later so I don't bust my download cap this month.....

capnjiggins

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
alright, put in some time with this. Very faithful and quality port first of all. The graphics are great, and believe it or not, the controls seem to decently. The game uses tilt (obviously), and it works pretty well. There is some slowdown when the katamari morphs, but other than that, it is very smooth. The only frustrating aspect so far are some of the obstacles (the cat in the first level LOL). Great music as well. RECOMMENDED.

Update*

With more playing, the controls are getting a little more frustrating on some of the bigger levels.

Update 2*

So, I've figured out the trick with the controls. This is a game that really makes you want to take your iPhone/iPod and twist it and move it around violently to get to different spots. The controls are actually configured well, you just have to be sure to not overdo it when it comes to turning. Liking it more and more

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.