I Love Multi-Tasking

Discussion in 'macOS' started by duncyboy, Jul 26, 2008.

1. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Finder?

Is this your finder icon? Share the wealth please? And how did you actually change it in the dock? :p

Attached Files:

3. Tosser macrumors 68030

I'll certainly oblige.

Anyway, I don't consider that "multitasking" I consider it "clutter" and "unfinished 'business'".

4. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

Holy S$@T!!! What are the specs on your computer by the way?

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Your computer may be able to complete multiple tasks simultaneously, but how many can you be doing at the same time?

Having multiple applications, folders and documents open at the same time does not guarantee productivity, in fact, it probably indicates the opposite

That being said, I agree, it is a an amazing machine and OS

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

That certainly is an amazing mis-mash of diced up visual salad.:confused:

7. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

I don't see Transmission, nor Toast open.

What gives?

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

perhaps you need to look up the definition of multitasking.

9. duncyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, for the dour-faced nay-sayers I shall admit. I wasn't actually using all those apps. But out of interest I did toy with iMovie, Google Earth, Seashore and a couple of others and they ran pretty well. Not smooth as silk or, dare I say it, "snappy" but they did run.

I didn't open Transmission because I didn't want you all to see what I was procuring :eek:

And for the person enquiring about the Finder icon, I think I got it off deviantART and changed it using CandyBar. I can't seem to open them from Imageshack etc? PM me your email address and I'll send you a load of snazzy icons :)

Anyways, for the record my Mac is a pre-update £800 iMac from March this year with 4GB of Crucial RAM. It's running OS X Leopard. And it's my first Mac and definitely not my last.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not sure of the point I was trying to make with my original post. Not all of the apps on display are usable at that point but some were- and every computer I've had for the past 9 years would've crashed/blue-screened/said nasty things about my mum at half that usage so come on, let's live a little! :D

10. muldul macrumors 6502

11. Cudadown macrumors regular

Nice.

And some of your need to lighten up. Of course its not multitasking by perfect definition. Then again.... NOTHING as in no computer is truely multi-tasking then by your standards. Everything gets its cycle time.

So lets relax on the wikipedia standards.