I Love my 13" MBP, so why don't you ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac8867, Apr 14, 2010.

1. mac8867 macrumors 6502

It seems everyone is really upset about the lack of a real model upgrade on the 13" MBP for 2010. To be honest, I was one of those people that bought a 13" back in January, regardless of any future update.

My mac is the best mac on the planet - I am sure you feel the same way about yours - or at least did at one time. It's not because it has the fastest cpu, or the most memory --- it's because it's mine.

I can actually see a method to Apple's madness on the 13" footprint. It seems to me they have no less than 3 (arguably 4) products with the same general size: MBP 13, MB Air, iPad, and MacBook.... If I were running a technology hardware company, that would be a LOT of "devices" for my small footprint market.

I know what the next comments are going to be, and I agree... but consider, Apple may be planning a lot further ahead than we are thinking with respect to the 13" footprint.

2. Quetsche macrumors member

Why does this make me think about Full Metal Jacket? ;)

3. FnuGk macrumors regular

well my asus 1005ha netbook is mine and so is my big ass pc tower and the hp in the closet with a burned out gpu - that doesnt exactly make them all super duper

but i hope apple will make something out of the 13" for real at the wwdc

4. poe8 macrumors member

I agree, bought my 13" about 6 weeks ago, base model and upgraded to 4gb ram. Sort of bummed that 4gb is standard and I had to upgrade myself, but I don't think I would see much of a performance boost with a 2.4 and upgraded graphics for what I do. If the 13" MBP got an i5 chip I would probably be looking to trade up.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The 13" MBP is the perfect laptop -- I have a 13 and a 15, but the 13 is my fav. I think the disappointment is that Apple stuck with the C2D. But if Apple did this for battery life then it was a good decision. It's one of the best features of the 13. Hopefully we'll see a 13 i5 by the end of the year though.