I LOVE my $2 Meritline iPhone Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wikoogle, Jun 29, 2010.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

2. USMCSSGT macrumors member

USMCSSGT

I ordered one on June 8 and it shipped June 14th. But, I still haven't got it yet. I ended up buying a white Griffin Reveal, so I probably won't even end up using it. But it is a good back up for $3.

Glad you enjoy yours.

3. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Yep. I'm sure you will like yours too.

Which color did you end up getting? I'm surprised you haven't recieve it yet!

4. hipvamore macrumors regular

5. YErakat macrumors member

6. jtharris macrumors newbie

Recommended

I would also like to say I'm enjoying the $2 meritline case. It fits great, but the hole for the camera could be a bit bigger, it affects the top and bottom of the camera/photos just a wee bit.

Also, the protection it gives feels pretty solid.

And it feels silky smooth, like the See-thru Satin Speck case I have on my MacBook Pro.

I'd recommend getting one of these, just to have as a backup if nothing else. So cheap, compared to all the other cases out there.

7. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I just received mine white silicone IP4 case that looks just like yours. mine however was from ebay for only .99 cents shipped.

8. r3b37 macrumors newbie

How tightly does this fit the iphone? When you take it out of your pocket, does it feel like the phone is going to jump out of the case? Some pics would be really nice! Thx!

9. VTAb182 macrumors regular

I bought one of THE HARD CASES from them. I'm not a fan of silicone. Shipped on the 23rd but still haven't got it. Will update when it comes

10. cello2456 macrumors regular

I ordered two of these in black. They shipped on June 22nd, and arrived today in Orlando on July 3rd. These are really nice cases! They are not at all like silicon cases that I have had in the past. They are very thin, and fit very tightly giving virtually no extra bulk. The cut outs for the camera and flash are well sized, and the volume and sleep buttons react nicely. The rubbery feel is just enough so that the phone feels secure in my hand and unlikely to be dropped. All in all for $2 this is a pretty decent case! I like it a lot more then the Griffin one that I bought and returned to Best Buy. The bumpers might still give more protection in a side impact fall though.

UPDATE: There is an issue with the flash giving off a green ring when the case is used. I solved this by cutting the hole around the camera and flash larger with a pair of small sharp scissors.

11. jtharris macrumors newbie

12. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

where

Are the colors? Not seeing anything on the link other than the black.

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

14. JokerD macrumors member

I got mine in today also. Does not feel sticky and rubbery. I thought there would be a problem getting it in and out of pocket, but it has a nice smooth feel to it. Great for $2

15. r3b37 macrumors newbie

How is the fit? is it tight? I am planning to get one

thanks!

16. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

on order, but

the pics of the case look different than for the hard black case on the site. Hope they are the same as the pics show better protection than the website.

Also the link with the colors shows silicone not the hard case other than a clear option.

Even if just in black, at $2 merit is tough to beat. I've bought some stuff like this from them so no issue.

But if you don't like it, you ain't sending it back. :cool:

17. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Thanks to the OP and all who posted about these cases. I just ordered both the silicone case and the hard case. For these prices, whichever one I use, it's still a good price, and I'll have a backup.

I have been wanting a really cheap case, but without some recommendations, it's hard to know what is good. Many of the ones on Ebay look good, but you don't know if they'll be "sticky" or if they will fit very loosely.

Again, thanks for the recommendation. These look really good.

I'll post back once I get mine and say how I like them.

18. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

I'm trying to decide if I like mine or not, it's a magnet for dust. But I guess it's a good case if you're waiting for a vaja case.

19. herdinoh macrumors regular

this is strange. I think Griffin only have blace reveal for iphone 4. Where did you get a white one...I want a white one too. but just could not find it anywhere.:(

20. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I must admit that case does look very good on the phone. I was actually considering ordering one myself until I saw that they were shipping straight from China. I like to have my case and other accessories before my phone. Of course in this case there's not a soul on earth who could tell me when I'll have my iPhone.