I Love My Incase Slider!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by help!!!!!, Oct 17, 2008.

1. help!!!!! macrumors member

a freind through a basketball at me and knocked my iPhone out of my hands and face-first on the cement, I was horrified to turn it over, my heart was pumping, I fliped it over and shed a sigh of relieve, i could not see a thing, not even a scratch, but now i see a huge crack in the bottom part, it looks like it could fall off any minute, but thankfully, I bought one of the ones that was too small and got sent another one for free so I have another bottom piece to replace it with! Thanks Incase! You are a lifesaver!

2. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Perfect example of why this case is the BEST case for the iphone 3g.

3. SpookyET Guest

I disagree because it scratched my iPhone, which sucks. It scratched the chrome bezel.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

There are plenty of cases that could have handled that fall, not just the slider.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

That's the result of any case that covers the bezel and isn't tight enough to keep dust out. This will happen with almost any case.

6. BrokenE macrumors regular

I wonder what kind of material the bezel is made of? I had a leather case on mine and when I pulledit off a ca ouppe of weeks later, my bezel had tiny nicks in it. If you're right that dust could cause this, then for sure it's some cheap soft plastic. Soaybe this is just like that first scratch in a new car, you know it's coming and you hate to see it but once of happens you just move on. I bet 99.9/100 will have their chrome scratched within 3 months. BTW i love my slider too

7. help!!!!! thread starter macrumors member

Yea, on mine, I have about 5 huge scratches that go through the glossy finish and into the raw plastic that go all the way down the case in the middle.

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The bezel is metal. If dust, random pocket crap, and I-don't-even-want-to-fathom-what-else get on it, because it's chrome, it will scratch.

9. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

fact of life, it will scratch.....inevitably there is no stopping it unless you keep your iPhone in a safe. no?

I've seen a lot of iPhones in cases and when they are taken out they are always scratched up on the back and the chrome is always scratched, some of the iPhone cases (white) are cracked around the docking area and earphone jack. just how it goes i guess :(

10. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

it HARDLY means that it is the best case for the phone. there is nothing about this case that distinguishes it from other cases, like the flick contour.

if anything, it warns me to stay away from Incase because they rush things out to market and will put out products that don't fit and could HARM the phone.

it received a C+ from ilounge, who reviews a considerable amount of cases, so I would trust their opinion.

11. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

I use the slider.. its a good case... it does scratch the chrome... but not the plastic back yet for me as least. I took it off for like two days.. have to love the feel of the phone... The dropped it on the concrete and yea it scratched it up.. not to bad but enough to piss you off. Then within that hour the case went back on..... I like the case tho....

12. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i'm thinking about getting this case for pocket carry. i'd have to say the majority of people at the office who are issued iPhones or personally own one (a lot) use this case. Agent 18 clear is the other popular one. Only one kid has his in a Sena Dockable which looks pretty nice but he complains that its still tough to dock in case and the case has scratched the back quite a bit from removing it (to dock it, yet its supposed to be dockable) and putting it back in.

How bad is the scratching on the chrome? I just visually inspected my iPhone with an LED and I am surprised to see fine scratches all around the chrome and even dust under the glass near the earhole. oh well.

13. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

The only complain that I have is the dust.. I take my case off and there is so much dust under the case. I take the case off like every other day. I have a couple pieces of dust under the screen... don't know if its case related or not. But dropping with the case on it and not... its safer to have it on... I might try the contour flick.. soon tho

14. nohite macrumors member

iLounge's rating is based on price, protection, and pack-ins. it's very subjective. If the slider is $25 with a screen protector, I am sure it will get a "A" rating. If you want the look and feel and don't mind paying a bit more, Incase slider is one of the best out there. After all, you will be holding the phone everyday and how it feels in the hand is the most important.

15. AGIPSY macrumors regular

that's exactly right!

16. Smacky macrumors 6502

Enjoy your scratched phone, imma stick with a film ;)

17. Nicholie macrumors regular

I'm enjoying my Seidio Innocase, which is effectively just the Slider with a clip.

18. slapppy macrumors 65816

I tried Agent 18.

What a piece of junk. It no longer slides together for a tight fit as the previous model, it has a top piece that snaps on the bottom piece. You don't even have to drop it to pop apart. The top wiggles and moves so much around the edges, your bezel will scratch like theres no tomorrow.

19. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I just don't get it. You guys get cases you *know* scratch up your iphone--but isn't the purpose of the case is to protect it? If the case causes damage why bother to have one?

I had a speck pixelskin case that I liked until I also discovered it too caused scratches. Since then I just carry the phone without a case--its soooo much nicer that way. Also, since I stopped using that stupid case, I get FEWER scratches now. The only thing I use now is a screen protector--which you can't even tell its on.

20. slapppy macrumors 65816

The Neo is the only case that I know of and have used that has caused ZERO bezel scratches. I mean no nick, scuff or even very light scratches that you can see trying to view in angles. The NEO will not scratch it. The condom is the trick to protecting the body and chrome when using a case. :)

21. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

+1
    I think they're the only ones who thought of that, the silicon thin membrane.

22. slapppy macrumors 65816

If they ever remove the small locking nub or redesign it to help keep the back flat I'll get another one. If not I'll eventually get another one for backup. It's he best designed case so far.

23. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

everyone is telling me to buy the Slider... but i'm going to check out the NEO. I haven't even put a case on mine yet and the chrome is scratched up. Not that I really care but its interesting how easy it is to scratch it. Also have some dust under the glass already. i have a IS on it. oh well, nothing I can do...i haven't even put the iPhone in my pocket. Strange how things work

24. SpookyET Guest

Doesn't InvisibleShield cover the chrome?

25. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I only bought the "front only" version. Not the full body.