I love my IPhone 4, But there's something funky with the camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alexjones, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Alexjones macrumors 6502

Camera icon turns upside down and sideways even though I Am holding the phone right side up. Is there a reason for this? I had the same problem with the 3Gs.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

you have a funky accelerometer. when you switched from the 3GS to the iPhone 4, did you set it up as a New Phone or from a Back-Up?

3. Alexjones thread starter macrumors 6502

I will redo the set up. I think I set up as a new phone.

4. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Just curious. Why does everyone always ask did you set up your iphone from a backup or a new phone whenever there is a problem posted here?? I don't think this really has anything to do with it. If this does have something to do with it please explain because there has not been a good explanation of this yet that I know of.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

this is an example,

On a desktop computer, if you have a virus and every method to remove it has failed and your last option is to re-install the operating system, you are going to want to install it as a fresh install and not from a time machine back-up because time machine will re-install everything just like it was when you had the virus in the first place and a fresh install will give you a fresh operating system.

so if the 3GS had the accelerometer problem and the iPhone 4 was set up using the 3GS back-up, its going to port over the same accelerometer bug.

(I could be wrong, but this is my understanding of the situation)

6. Alexjones thread starter macrumors 6502

Im restoring as we speak. I will do a complete fresh install without backup