I love my iPhone 6+. Bendgate my a$$

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by accentaudio, Sep 24, 2014.

1. accentaudio macrumors 6502

accentaudio

I don't know why this bendgate is spreading like wildfire. It seems that with every new Apple product launch that there are a few bad apples that purposely seek out to defame anything Apple does. I agree with the posts that I've read that state, "of course it will bend it's aluminum, DUH!". I must say that I am eagerly awaiting Apple's official statement on this supposed "issue" though.

2. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Absolutely. I love this thing and have adjusted completely. Just an awesome phone and the phone I've been waiting for for years.

3. RockSpider macrumors 6502a

That's the problem, don't put it anywhere near your a$$.

4. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

The guy that bent it with his hands on YouTube is a total Fandroid.
    I'm loving mine.

5. rhylin macrumors member

I love my iPhone 6+. Bendgate my a$$

Until it happens to you how can you say it's silly, what about the ones who purchase the plus and came pre bent in the box... Chalk it up to there prepubescent whining?

6. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

What "ones"?

7. accentaudio thread starter macrumors 6502

accentaudio

Exactly, what the last guy said. What "ones"?

8. rhylin macrumors member

9. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

UnboxyTherapy a fandroid? How in the hell did you determine that? I'm pretty sure the guy uses macs for gods sake as his main computer.

10. N e e k macrumors 6502

Take away that "s" at the end of the "ones" brotha.

It's one phone. Big deal. You act like Apple's the only company that had some type of phone issue out of the box. What about the millions of others phones that are perfect?

11. accentaudio, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

accentaudio thread starter macrumors 6502

accentaudio

There are bound to be isolated issues with any new device release. C'mon though, millions have been sold, and we are hearing about a few... Really?!? I hardly consider any of this an epidemic, but of course with any Apple release people seem to come out of the woodwork with "issues". If I were Apple I would feel flattered for being such a target for the haters. What puzzles me though is all the closet Apple fans that get their jollies off coming on an Apple related forum to take their whacks at them.

12. JoeyCloverfield macrumors regular

Anyone who says anything bad about Apple is an Apple hater and Google worshiper. Duh.

/s

13. rhylin macrumors member

Perfect is stetching.. If you mean the 6.. You're absolutely right, it is perfect .. I'm not bias though

14. Luddy macrumors member

If it came pre-bent just return it like you would with any other manufacturing defect...

The more interesting thing I wonder is if people got a pre-bent phone and didn't notice it until they saw the news about bending. Then just assumed their pockets did it.

Apple has a 14 day return policy it seems sufficient to determine if a person is truly concerned about bending, wants to mitigate it with a case, exchange it for a 6 or just get a completely different phone.

15. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

16. rhylin macrumors member

I was simply sharing a link to the holier than though thread starter, sometimes knowledge is half the battle.

17. accentaudio thread starter macrumors 6502

accentaudio

Holier than (thou)? Ha, now that's laughable! I giggled a little bit.

18. RockSpider macrumors 6502a

I think they've got bendgate under control, they're selling a mallet with every iPhone 6 Plus to hammer it straight, $49.50 plus tax.

19. rhylin macrumors member

Ah yes you caught a grammatical error, nicely done.. Your laughing causes my stomach to bleed, instead of posting in the 10 million other bend gate threads, you've voiced your opinion on the matter no one wanted heard in the first place

20. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

I agree with you... for now. Based on the fact that we've only really seen half a dozen cases of iPhone 6 Pluses bending under what is allegedly normal usage conditions, it seems like this is being blown way out of proportion. We really won't know the true extent of its prevalence until a few more weeks when more consumers have these in their hands and have had a chance to carry them around to work, around town, use them around the house, et cetera. But the last thing I want to happen is to experience it firsthand.

21. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

My Plus arrives tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for an iPhone since the 4. Figure it'll take me awhile to adjust to the size, but I'm ready to get rockin! :cool:

:apple:

22. accentaudio thread starter macrumors 6502

accentaudio

Congrats! I will say it is a big sucker. Takes some getting used to, but I think you'll love it.

23. Glene macrumors 6502

It took me just a day to get used to the size. When i pulled it out of the box, i saw how thin it was, I made a mental note to not sit down with it in my pocket. Just seemed like common sense to me. Glad i did not settle for the 6. Landscape mode comes damn close to eliminating my rMini....the cases apple produced for the 6+ are nice too.

24. MikeVera macrumors member

Enjoy it, you will love it!!!!

Takes a couple days to get used to, but I love mine!!!!!