I Love My iPhone 6+

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
OMG I love this phone it is so sexy!!! Ive never loved a phone before.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I don't want to sound like Rodney King, but I hope everyone loves their new phone regardless of which one you chose!!!! Congrats!!!

modernmoments

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2012
I love mine too. I'm actually amused by everyone complaining the phone is too big. It's called a phablet for a reason. I came from a Note 3 and I actually find the plus more comfortable to hold since it's narrower and lighter. I think people complaining about the size are the ones coming from a 4" iPhone. Of course it probably seems like a shock. They've all been on a tiny screen phone for a long time in comparison to what's been on the market. I'd be willing to bet Android converters don't find the size as much of a problem since they are used to at least a moderately larger screen.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
I was on the fence after reading all the reviews to be honest. But now that it's in my hands, I love it. The screen, size, weight, etc. is fantastic.

Apple proves doubters wrong yet again.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
I Love My iPhone 6+

Grats to you guys who have them already! :D

Mine's next week, ugh..

Thanks man. I know it's hard to read all the bragging and have to wait for yours. That was me last year. You have a lot to look forward to. This phone is fanfackingtastical.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2009
6 Plus is awesome, and I love mine as well!

I had to go to the Verizon store to get mine activated due to some issue with my new account during the preorder and the staff were stoked to see it since they didn't get any stock.

The phone is a definite head turner, and a total blast to use.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I was on the fence after reading all the reviews to be honest. But now that it's in my hands, I love it. The screen, size, weight, etc. is fantastic.

Apple proves doubters wrong yet again.

LOL! The maybe people should start doubting Apple can release a fully baked iOS and Apple can start proving then wrong.

The 6/6Plus is a nice phone - but iOS 8 is an absolute mess. The fact the 4 of the major new features (iCloud Photo Library, Health Kit, Apple Pay and Family Sharing) were either pulled, unavailable at launch or not working properly makes it pretty much a Beta right now. They removed the camera roll and the flexibility to determine what's stored on the cloud and what's stored locally. Plus it's buggy/laggy on iPads and anything older than a 5s..... Total fiasco.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
What I've noticed is it sort of takes a little while to charge. Like an ipad. Which was good news to me because hopefully that means it'll last longer.

It is 10:10pm here in NY....I started using the phone at 7:30 (100%), watched some high quality youtube videos, and started nonstop downloading apps, music, and setting up email and contacts, etc. Simultaneously. Not giving it a rest. The phone got a tad warm, to be expected, and dropped to 70%. Total installed so far -- 8 gigs of content. In about 2.5 hours time.

Given all I was doing, I'm impressed with the battery thus far.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I agree. I've had mine for almost 12 hours and I've been playing with it pretty much since I got it. I love the big screen!!!

PerfectxFlaw

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
The biggest problem I have with iOS is the hyping of HomeKit.. that well, doesn't even exist from what I have found. Not even an app. Total let down in that department. Apple has been over promising and under delivering lately. Don't even get me started on the Casio Calculator Watch 2.0 .. er, the Apple Watch.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
It's going to take a few days for me to acclimate to the larger screen and relocated wake button, but this thing is waaay better than the iPhone 5 it's replacing.

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
LOL! The maybe people should start doubting Apple can release a fully baked iOS and Apple can start proving then wrong.

The 6/6Plus is a nice phone - but iOS 8 is an absolute mess. The fact the 4 of the major new features (iCloud Photo Library, Health Kit, Apple Pay and Family Sharing) were either pulled, unavailable at launch or not working properly makes it pretty much a Beta right now. They removed the camera roll and the flexibility to determine what's stored on the cloud and what's stored locally. Plus it's buggy/laggy on iPads and anything older than a 5s..... Total fiasco.
The Camera Roll is not gone, its now called "Recently Added",check it out.

polbit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2002
South Carolina
So glad Apple finally released a big iPhone!! Glad to be back from Note 2/3, and 6+ rocks! Together with iOS 8 this is the best phone I've ever had. Not perfect mind you (yes, 2Gb would've been nicer, and the non-optimized apps do look goofy), but that just means it's a 9.8, not a 10. And no other phone comes close to 9 for me.

Now, please release a proper iPad upgrade and I'll be fully back to Apple ways.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
The Camera Roll is not gone, its now called "Recently Added",check it out.
That's not a Camera Roll of all your pictures, it's (wait for it)...recently added pictures. :eek: Which is great if I was looking for...well, recently added pictures. But not so great if I wanted to see all my pictures without scrolling through them by date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.