I Love My IPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by piecookie, Nov 6, 2016.

1. piecookie macrumors member

Despite some minor issues in the beginning, this is hands down the best iPhone yet, can't imagine how good the 8 will be.

What I love about the 7:

It's lightning fast.

The camera takes breathtakingly good photos, still hard to believe they come from a phone.

Water resistance, very useful.

Battery-life is very good in power save mode. 7 hour usage and 35 hours standby is my record so far.

The speed, once again, flawless.

Why do I create this thread? I see a lot of people have issues and complaints about their new iPhone... I want to acknowledge that at least I am very happy with my 7.

What about you?

2. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

What model and size phone did you upgrade from?

The 7 is a good upgrade (as long as you weren't bothered by the 3.5mm jack going).

Glad it's working for you.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Good for you. I'm pretty ok with my 6s+. Think I'll stick with it.

4. piecookie thread starter macrumors member

Upgraded from an iPhone 6 64gb silver to an iPhone 7 128gb silver, night and day difference.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2016 ---
    Yeah you should, the next iPhone will be beyond awesome is my guess.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The only adjustment for me was the 3.5 Jack being deleted. Otherwise, My 7 Plus has been flawless.

6. tevion, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016

tevion macrumors member

Picked up a used iPhone 7 256GB Mat Black, is unlocked in mint condition and cost me £570.

Pretty happy with my purchase, sold my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for £450 the other day so coming from Android (Before that had pretty much every ver of iPhone so not new to iOS).

Impressions? It's good. Really like how the mat black merges with the antenna lines, somebody had gifted me some Bose QuietComfort 20i so glad I can use the inline controls now. The lack of a headphone jack is a bit of a bummer, will have to see how much it truly affects me over time. I can't recall both charging and listening to music often - but I have done it.

Having bought a MacBook Pro and being gifted an iOS version of Bose QuietComfort In-Ear headphones played a big part in me moving back to iOS.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's what I'm waiting for. :)

8. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

My iPhone 7 is great. It's fast, the display is nice, the stereo speakers are great for me. However, not having the headphone jack is a huge problem for me and I will likely be switching phones due to that.
    Other than that, it's a great phone.

You mentioned the water resistance as being very useful. Do you mean for accidental spills or do you regularly subject your phone to water to where you need the water resistance?

9. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Wow...nice.

10. Geert76 macrumors 65816

11. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

That's great but what did you update from:D

12. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

13. tevion, Nov 6, 2016

tevion macrumors member

Yeah was lucky, although saying that seen a few iPhone 7 128GB being sold for £500 locally. Not SIM free like mine though.

It came with original receipt from Giff Gaff, IMEI on paperwork matched phone box and phone itself and mobile number of guy I bought it off was a Giff Gaff number... He also showed me ID and wrote me up a simple receipt. I was quite worried as he was a massive polish bloke in a bit of a dodgy area - but him and his brother were really nice guys :)

Always worry a bit that i phone I buy off gumtree might get reported stolen as an insurance scam but I'm optimistic.

It's like the MacBook Pro Retina 13 (early 2015) I got last week. Has 2.9ghz, 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD. Perfect condition, warranty till 2018 and fully boxed.... Got it for £600. Checked/Rang Apple service history also after it arrived, no repairs or issues ever reported. So bargains can be had.

14. Will22, Nov 6, 2016

Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

So did the receipt for the phone say they bought it outright or on contract? If they bought it on contract then GiffGaff legally own the phone for the first six months.

Btw I sold my unlocked 17 month old 128gb iP6 silver a few weeks ago for £400 on Gumtree.

15. tevion, Nov 6, 2016

tevion macrumors member

The order confirmation sheet doesn't state whether it's contract or bought out right.

Guess it doesn't make much difference though surely?

Came back clear on CheckMend, with no link to a financial agreement. Also green for contract status, as no records it has an airtime agreement in place.

Is a limit to how far you can protect yourself, i do all of the following:

- Use CheckMend
    - Double check IMEI on paper, box and phone.
    - View ID (Driving Licence) and ensure address matches one you're at to collect it
    - Get them to write a simple receipt, I sold them this, this is my name, address and sign
    - Record the mobile telephone number and gumtree messages

Beyond that, not much else. Sure they can report it stolen, small claims court will be only option. Worst case, one day you get stung. I've saved hundreds and hundreds over the years in Gumtree, not yet touch wood hit an issue. Sure it'll happen one day, thankfully I have an iPhone 6S work phone as a backup if anything happens.

16. Geert76 macrumors 65816

I came from a witch

17. GreenPea macrumors newbie

Couldn't agree more! I just bought my Iphone 7 two days ago. I love this phone.
    I had the 6S, which was fine, but the 7 is just amazing. The differences I notice most are: The Camera, Battery Life, the weight is just a wee bit lighter, Speed, etc. The 6s is a great phone but I feel like Apple refined the phone even further with the 7. I am one happy camper. Also, I got the 128gb, so I think I will have plenty of strage. (read sarcasm)
    This is really chintzy, but I never liked the weight of the 6s in my hand. Even though it is really minor, the 7 feels way better in the hand to me. One other thing is the water resistance..

18. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

19. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

You did all the right safeguards (within reason) to cover yourself. Checkmend is new to me. (Have to look them up.)

20. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Fiancé

21. Bethanie21 macrumors regular

Bethanie21

I love my iPhone 6S. The 7 is not a big enough change for me to consider selling the 6S, waiting for iPhone 8 next year. ;):p

22. tevion macrumors member

Ill definitely be getting the iPhone 8, hoping for big things.

Thinking back, the only iPhone I've never had is the iPhone 4S. Otherwise every one, wish i kept the original iPhone for nostalgia purposes. Remember when you could buy it for the upfront fee, then not activate the contract so that's all you paid.

Upgrade every year in my opinion, been SIM free for years with corporate Vodafone discount for their 12 month SIM only plans.