I love my Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hakkera, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Hakkera macrumors member

Hi all,

I have to say I was a PC stalwart, hooked on the damn things. I've owned well over twenty and enjoyed using most of them when they work. I guess I liked how you could fix them most of the time when they went wrong and that they were the 'standard' of Computing.

The time came for me to get a new business laptop and my boss suggested a Mac, instantly I dismissed the idea and ordered a Windows based laptop. As luck would have it, the Laptop was delayed by several weeks (i.e. a month) and I needed it long before then as I move around a fair amount.

Rather blind-sightedly I cancelled the order for the PC over the phone and walked into town hoping that I would come back with a computer of some description. Normally I take several weeks of careful forum posting and researching to get a good deal and know exactly what I would be getting. Not so this time. As luck would have it my local city (Southampton) has an Apple store, the moment I walked past it, I decided then I would buy a Macbook. 'Why not?' was the real through going through my head, I'll admit I had never used a Mac before, but to be honest it was a laptop, and Windows laptops fall over all the time, surely a mac can't be that much worse.

I got it home and booted it up, went through the settings and then I was amazed. How simple it is, how easy to use and how good looking the damn thing is. Bottom of all though, it takes no time to boot up or shut down. I have to say, whilst I've only had it a few weeks, so far I am damn impressed and I'm seriously considering getting a Mac mini for my desktop.

So basically, huzzah to impulse buying.

2. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

Isn't it fabulous? I love quickly mine boots up, too.

3. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Hang on if you can the Mac Mini's are way overdue for a refresh.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac_mini

The rumour is they will be getting an improved graphics chip like the new MacBooks just have.

4. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

Let's talk about this again once you have software installed on your Mac.

My Mac Pro takes about three times as long to boot into OS X Leopard than it takes to boot into Vista Ultimate Edition 64-Bit. And quite frequently, OS X Leopard does not properly shut down.

But yes, Apple machines and software are beautiful. That's why I put up with Apple's products. (The other reason being the very large investment that my Mac Pro represents.)