i love my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itsbenawhile, Oct 5, 2011.

1. itsbenawhile macrumors member

i am a very picky person. everything has been pretty perfect....today while watching a movie i was looking at the black hinge, and it looked bigger on one end. if i run my finger across it, there is a little bump near the edge on the left side. it rises a little...i plan on calling apple. when the mbp is shut. the hinge looks fine but only when its open and run your finger across it can you tell. its kinda bothering me now. any thing like this happen or been noticed before?

2. nicklad macrumors 6502

My advice, and in the nicest way possible, get outside for a bit... :p

It's just a platic cover that can come dislodged/unclipped slightly. It's possible to get back in place pretty easily if it's really bothering you.

3. itsbenawhile, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

itsbenawhile thread starter macrumors member

lol. understandable, so don't worry about it. i was just hoping its not from heating up or something like that. i am thinking of buying applecare also. i just read the thread about thermal paste. that was me worried to NOW!!! i am watching netflix and my cpu is hitting 180 and fans around 4500rpm. why is this!

4. Risasi macrumors 6502

180F is normal. I commonly hit 90-95c when gaming in Windows 7 bootcamp. I've even hit 100-101c when playing Shogun 2. It's supposed to shutdown at those temps but never has. That's hot enough I've decided not to run it for now. But 99c or less is well within spec. Just enjoy the computer.