I love my MacBook Pro!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EatMyApple, Dec 6, 2008.

1. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I should have made the change from my Dell to MBP Unibody long, long ago. I am sitting in a library right now 'studying' for final exams - and usually by this point I would be either eagerly scavenging looking for a table near a wall/outlet so I could use my laptop or bathing it with cold paper towel wrags from the bathroom to break its 'fever'.

This is not the case my my MBP. I charged the Mac over night so it would have a full charge for today. I am sitting at 84% battery life and the estimated time remaining is 5 hours 21 minutes. I would be lucky to get 21 minutes alone on a full charge out of my Dell.

Little background history, I had a Dell E1705 (9400) and it was sweet for a while. Amazing screen, fast duo core (brand new at the time), and sweet Dell discount for being a student. Fast forward to three years later, Dell battery would last 20 minutes on the large battery and would overheat in under 10 minutes. I mean overheating to a point where it was unbearable to sit in my lap. My parent's hope of grandchildren would be boiling in under 20 minutes. To continue using my laptop for homework this was my method that worked flawless without error:

Power up laptop, doing homework for 20 minutes before overheating, hook up external monitor, run VGA came from freezer. The freezer? Yes, the freezer - remove laptop battery, put laptop in freezer. You got it. I would put the laptop in the freezer for about 15 minutes (running) and continue my homework. I would then remove the laptop, when cooled down - and repeat as necessary.

Now for those asking why didn't I just send it into Dell? I'm sure some of you here have contacted Dell support at some point in your life (my apologies). They all need Rosetta Stone English to be implemented in their training program. They depot'd my laptop twice for the overheating issue and messed something up work, didn't return my HDD, charger, or battery - or something else each time.

So I gave Dell 'the bird', got a replacement laptop free of charge after faxing them the fine print of my extended warranty. I put that sucker on eBay, gave someone a Christmas present laptop for under a grand (with full warning of my Dell experience in the item description, and then purchased this MBP = laptop I should have purchased from the beginning.

After typing this post, I would have had to cycle my laptop from lap-to-freezer at least once (or turn it off to cool off as I am in the library); whereas, my MBP is at 80% 5 hours 12 minutes.

PS: Yes, I might have had an energy drink, or two - eh, four. And after we should grab a Red Bull....Red Bull......Red Bull.....

Mac On!

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

3. smokedog macrumors regular

4. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Sounds like you were close to being a day late on getting the Mac...;)

5. cinetic macrumors newbie

I know just how you feel trying to get through college, and having those energy drinks. They eventually blur everything together but in theory you are getting a ton done, right?

Welcome to the Mac world! Great machines, wonderful software and they look hot. Now get to work! :p

6. EatMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly! They make what seems impossible, very possible! I swear I'm not procrastinating......