I love my MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wvuwhat, Feb 4, 2008.

1. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Ok, so I visit here multiple times daily since I've joined and I really think that sometimes there needs to be threads like this one, because this is a forum where people sometimes come to just state their problems.

I have wanted a Mac for a while (over 2 years). I'm in my Senior year at college and wanted to get a laptop that may serve me better should I decide to apply to grad school (Integrated Marketing Communications). I've had a Dell since I've been here at school and it basically fell apart. A few letters to Michael Dell and the corporate office. Some emails to the same people and I was able to get a response. They sent me a new computer (even new body style) and credited my credit card 100 dollars. Mind you, this computer was over 2 years old and I got sent a new one w/ better specs. I'd call that good customer service even though it is a Windows box. Anyway, after that computer bit the bullet I knew I would need to upgrade, which was the perfect time for a Mac, and then getting back a new replacement (which I sold on another forum website) I was able to upgrade to a Mac FINALLY. A 2.2 ghz white MacBook, stock out the box, bought on November 30.

I just wanted to update that I am 100% happy a few months after my purchase. Sure, there are little nuances here and there, but this is a really solid machine. OSX has been a pleasure to learn and use, much more than I had imagined. I actually like the keyboard, which I understand some do not. My display is crystal clear and I don't notice the issues that some have expressed.

Right now, I am handbraking my entire DVD library and getting ready to buy an Apple TV in the next few weeks. Since I bought my MacBook I have bought an iPhone, which is another great tool/gadget/toy. I have also picked up an external hard drive yesterday to fill up with the rest of my movies and an AEBS.

I must say that this forum is very addicting, much more than the golf forums I visit, my other hobby.

I had to get this off of my chest, because frankly, I am very impressed with what I got for my money and to encourage others to give a MacBook a chance. Honestly, I know some that go for a MBP when all they do is basic tasks, which the MBP is overkill for. I could have been one of these people, but instead I chose the MacBook, iPhone, and other things that have added up to about the same amount a MBP would have been.

Have a good one,
    Jay

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Thanks for the positive post...it's a nice change ;) Glad you're pleased!

3. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

wooo hoooo.... another convert. i made the switch at the end of last year and have never regreted it. i still have a windows desktop, but i would much prefer to use my macbook. and these forums are addicting, i particularly love the pictures threads... visit it everday, atleast once... ok twice...

4. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

This kind of story is great to hear, it shows that Apple has made a huge comeback and the market share will only keeping rising. The MacBook is an amazing computer for its price, I bought mine on October 30th and it arrived November 1st (overnighted it). Recently upgraded my RAM and I am sure this machine will treat me nice for atleast the next 3-4 years (at which point I will probably get whatever pro model is out there).

Thanks for the great story, good luck in grad school, and continue enjoying your Mac. :apple:

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I love happy Mac stories as I'm in the same boat.

For the longest time, early 90s, I have sworn off Apple. I was sure that PCs were the only way to use computers. I've gone through over 8 desktops and 10 laptops. Then several months ago I begin being interested in Macs. Now, I'm a very happy owner of a MacBook. This baby is amazing! It's x5 faster than my $1600 Dell laptop and runs so smooth. I don't know the last time I played with a laptop so much :)

I love it!

6. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

I've also found myself pleasantly surprised at what the MacBook can do (especially after I almost bought a MBP because I wanted to ensure that I had enough processing power).

And you're right, postings like yours are very important for would-be switchers to read so that they aren't seeing page after page of complaints. Thanks for posting.

Congratulations!