I Love My MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by analytical44, Sep 15, 2009.

1. analytical44 macrumors regular

I anxiously awaited being able to afford a new MBP for months until I purchased this baby in late July. A month and a half in and I love this beautiful little beast even more than when I first got it. After upgrading the RAM and HD a couple weeks back, she can now handle everything I throw at her with ease. The screen amazes me every time I open the lid. The keyboard, the trackpad, the design, everything; it's just such a pleasant experience.

While the hardware is fantastic, it's really OS X that has me head over heels. It's just so smooth, so polished, so friendly. I'm not a Windows hater by any stretch, but OS X simply blows my mind. The native applications are just so enjoyable to use. Spaces, expose, preview, font book, dictionary, dashboard, activity monitor; the list goes on and on. Simple things like not having to manually find song files in iTunes after I move the file; pressing the space bar to preview a font, a picture, an icon, whatever; three and four finger swipes to navigate forward and back or to invoke expose; hot corners; the RSS screensaver. There are just so many brilliant nuances that add up and result in a wonderful experience for the user. As I get more and more familiar with the platform, the more impressed I become.

I just wanted to take the time to express my satisfaction and my appreciation for this wonderful machine and this awe-inspiring operating system. It's not perfect, I have my gripes with certain things, but all and all it is unquestionably the best computer experience I have had since I first started using computers. Apple, you are some elitist, capitalist pigs and I wish you would do more to make your devices available to all but you make some damn fine products. Thank you for your ingenuity and attention to detail.

2. kai920 macrumors member

3. syriangamer macrumors newbie

Second that. except for the f:apple::apple::apple:'n glossy screen, everything else is great:D

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I sold my early 2008 Mac Pro to get a 13" MBP last week! Not regretting it one bit. :) Life is good isn't it?

5. earth.mark.two macrumors newbie

earth.mark.two

I love everything about mine too. OS X is gorgeous to use and to look at. The hardware just makes it that much more beautiful.

As for people who don't like the glossy screen, you do realise that if it wasn't glossy, it wouldn't look as good? The gloss is what makes it so crisp and clear.