I Love my new Alum Macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ironic, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

First let me say, I have read all about the problems people are having with the new macbooks.

Mine has been perfect from day one, not a problem, or scratch or screen issue!

I think just reading the forums, make me think they all are bad, they are not.

Sorry for the bad english.

Apple you did a great job!

2. Grogs macrumors newbie

I ordered on the day of the keynote, but live in the UK so it took ages to get to me. It's very good, no dust under the screen or anything, I don't think the keys are slanted. :confused:

Having read about the bending tab issues or whatever with the battery/harddrive cover I was very careful taking it off. Not sure if people are just taking it off differently, but I'm not having any issues with it.

Just another post to confirm they're not all bad. :D First time using OSX too, love it. :apple:

3. lensam macrumors newbie

This is my 1st Mac and I love it. Why is everyone messin w/ the covers anyway? Stop taking them apart to see how they work and they'll be fine. As far as the keys, mine are a little slanted but you gotta be eye level w/ them. This is a portable computer, not a Rolls Royce.

4. Ironic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ironic

I even opened the Battery cover to see if that was OK, and it was.

5. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

Mine's great too. Though I wouldn't be posting so much about it if there wasn't so much negativity on these boards.

I've already replaced my HD for a 320gb, battery cover is not loose at all. My function keys look like they slant to the left slightly, but I didn't notice until I went looking for it. Keyboard seems to be more or less the same as my gf's WhiteBook, a couple of her keys aren't perfectly flat either.

Oh, and I used GarageBand on the train home for about 45 minutes, the glossy display is great. I was never able to use my old MBP on the train because the sunlight made the matte screen washed out and hard to see.

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

My 1st one was fine (2.0 and stuff I could live with), but I got the 2.4 and I LOVE IT!!!

7. tonyl macrumors 6502

8. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

9. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

10. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

Ah fair enough. I got the 2.0 and upgraded the HD myself, I never really used the backlit keyboard in my old MBP cause I rarely look at the keys when I type anyway ;)

11. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I got such a good deal with the discounts and stuff, I felt like I couldn't say no.

12. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I really like my 2.4 MB

Same story with the 2.0; upgraded to the 2.4. Can notice difference in speed, like like larger hard drive, having 4 gigs helps.

Originally got 7200 rpm hard drive scorpio black for my 2.0, but I think the faster processor and ram offsets the difference. Will probably take hd back to BB for refund.

I'm not wild about the screen, admittedly. The washouts and the lack of contrasts for dark colors is a bit of a letdown.

Since I bought my MB, a girl is selling her two month old 2.5 MBP last gen with 512 meg video card for 1400.00. God, I really wished I had waited, but it's not like I'm slumming with my current rig.

And okay, the lighted keyboard is pretty effing cool...:cool:

13. fk51785 macrumors regular

14. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Loving mine too!

I picked it up the day after they were announced and everything has been fine. I started checking it out closer after reading some of the posts here, but I haven't seen anything that I can complain about with mine.

15. Ironic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ironic

I also love the 2.4 as I first ordered the 2.0, it a bit faster and the lit up keyboard is a must for me.I also had it on Friday after it was announced and has been a joy to have.