i love my new iPhone 5 so much but after using it for a few days i can confirm....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by animatedude, Oct 9, 2012.

?

4 inch Vs. 3.5 inch, which is the perfect size for your hands?

1. Yes! i agree the 4-inch screen is not the perfect size for my hands.

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No! i disagree, 4-inch is the perfect size for my hands, 3.5 inch is too small.

44 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. animatedude macrumors 65816

4-inch screen doesn't make sense at all.

i know this has been discussed to death before the release of the iPhone 5 but now many ppl received their iPhone 5, do you agree with me 3.5' screen is the perfect size for your thumb to reach anywhere on the screen?

don't get me wrong, i understand Apple needs to increase the screen of the iPhone for many reasons i'm just saying 4-inch screen doesn't make sense at all and i highly doubt Steve Jobs would've approved it anyway...

Apple is all about the user experience, iPhone 5 is amazing in so many ways, the screen size doesn't make sense though...but i know i will get used to it.

2. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

In before $#1tstorm .. Yes .. Steve would've not allowed it. :D

Yes it may takes some time before you get used to it. I'd wait for the next iPhone, considering I still have this fine iPhone 4S and I want Lightning dock to take off and widely adapted so I wouldn't worry if I run out of battery in one of my friend's house and need to borrow iPod cable.

It's also the accessories that I'm worrying about, particularly I need iPod Universal Lightning Dock since it's my only way to connect my iPhone and iPod to my stereo system and enjoy it fully. No AirPlay etc. Call me old school, I like it :D

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Screen size makes perfect sense for what Apple is doing with the design. BUT....

I actually wouldn't mind a little bit of a larger screened iPhone. Maybe with the S version they will have a 4" and maybe a 4.3" Nahhhhh of course they wouldn't but it's cool to dream.

3.5" is ok, but I prefer the 4".

4. maccompatible macrumors 6502

I definitely like the idea of a bigger screen. But ios doesn't take advantage of it at all. It's like old windows phones. Windows xp was just shoehorned onto those itty bitty screens and they gave you a micro stylus. Very similar situation.

5. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Where is the option of after using it, I still wish it was wider?

6. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Myself, the difference is not really noticeable.

Some would like a wider screen in a future version. Too much wider and I might have reservations.

7. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

With the 4" screen it is a bit of a stretch for me to reach upper left icons and the top of the screen for up-scrolling. I wouldn't trade back to the 3.5 though. I like the extra real estate for movies, TV shows and games (that have updated).

8. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I'm liking the screen size coming from a 4.3" android phone. It's small enough to use w one hand and big enough that videos aren't any smaller than on my giant brick of an android phone.

9. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

10. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

When you use it to watch a 16:9 video, the difference is not just the 0.5" diagonal, the video is a lot bigger since there is letterboxing on the 4/4S

11. Generik777 macrumors regular

Generik777

Steve jobs did approve the iPhone 5. Read more here. All this garbage "oh, Steve wouldn't have done this" is just retarded.

12. urkel macrumors 68030

Polls messed up. Neither 3.5 or 4" is perfect for my hands. They're both too small, I'd go with 4.3-4.5".

13. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Screen is a fine size for me. If it were bigger, I probably would have issues at times.