I LOVE my rMBP Megathread!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jack Sun, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Jack Sun, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

Jack Sun macrumors member

Amidst all the complaints, just gotta say my new Haswell 15 is siiiiick!!!

First ever Mac, got the base 2.0 with Iris Pro for efficiency, upgraded to 16 gigs ram for virtual machines. Picked up VMware Black Friday deal, running Windows 8, all smooth as silk. Gorgeous screen, super sleek body, killer trackpad, quiet and cool, 8+ HOUR BATTERY! Relatively pricey, but now say its worth every penny...

Only downside so far is that it is so gorgeous I almost hesitate to use it, maybe just stare at it. :)

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Got the same beast, wife got one for work too. Most excellent.

3. yinz macrumors 6502a

Macs aren't only software. The hardware is beautiful to look at too.

The MacBook serves a different type of aesthetic appeal with the lid closed as it does with the lid open.

I stare too obviously.

4. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

VMware Fusion is an excellent product.

I find it interesting how much better OS X integrates with the hardware and thermal control of the MacBook Pros as you can virtualize Windows in VMware Fusion and still have a much cooler running system and better battery life compared to booting Windows natively.

They are excellent machines. I have been extremely pleased with mine. I also have 16GB for VM labs and run nested ESXi instances with vCenter.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Thanks for starting this thread. Believe it or not, there are people who are completely satisfied with their Haswell rMBP with no issues what-so-ever.

6. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

grats. what's your temperatures at idle and under heavy usage?

7. majkom macrumors 65816

8. Acronyc macrumors 6502a

I've had my 2012 15" rMBP for exactly a year now and have been completely satisfied. While I needed a screen replacement due to bad IR, it was replaced without issue. It's a really fantastic computer and I enjoy using it every day.

9. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

10. mrsavage1 macrumors regular

Do your fans rev up when you run a vm?

11. Shmanky macrumors regular

I loved my Retina MacBook Pro too when I first got it. Then the problems started. Like moving into a house you didn't know was haunted.

12. edfoo macrumors regular

Yes I loved my early 2008 white 13" MacBook and now yes I love my late 2013 13" rMBP, but why do we need to create a thread like this? So we can masturbate over our laptop? :rolleyes:

13. walkie macrumors 6502

14. Collider macrumors regular

Exactly my experience, word for word! Love my rMBP to pieces. :)

15. eneisch macrumors 6502a

That could get messy!!! :D

16. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Why not? It's a community, not every thread needs to be tech support or things of that nature. The big fun of being on a message board is communication, and sometimes that means just sitting around babbling with folks.

I bought a used MBP back in early 2011, and while I liked it, I just never quite felt like it was a true replacement for my PC laptop. I ended up selling it and hopping back on the Windows wagon for a while, then last Friday I took the plunge on a MBPr because the screen seemed like what I needed for work (spending hours dealing with spreadsheets is PAINFUL at lower resolutions) and Mavericks is a goddamn triumph, IMO.

17. jmoore5196 macrumors 6502a

jmoore5196

Well, there's a mental image I could have lived without. :eek:

18. hkoster1 macrumors regular

I've been very pleased with my 2012 15" MBP Retina, wonderful screen, not too heavy to carry around. But my travelling days are over, so now it's sitting all of the time in clamshell mode attached to a Thunderbolt Display... Will replace it as soon as Apple starts selling the new Mac Pro. :p

19. mg84 macrumors newbie

As someone who is waiting for delivery (which will be tomorrow) of their first ever Macbook Pro... it's reassuring to see a thread of people saying they love their MBP and that they're not having any issues. These forums can become frightening at times! haha

20. etcetera. macrumors newbie

Just returned from the Apple Store with the 13" 8/256 model.

So far It's perfect. Very light, Fast, screen is vivid and sharp with no IR as I can tell from the tests I've ran. No problems that I can see. Production info is:

Production week: 45 (November)
    Model introduced: 2013
    Factory: C0 (Quanta Computer (Susidiary = Tech Com) China)

Nothing but love here ;)

21. brucebotti macrumors newbie

I hope you don't suffer from "Image Retention"...:)
    Bruce

22. maniamacman macrumors newbie

hi guys,

just wanted to know for those who has no problems with their rmbp 15" late 2013.

-u didnt noticted the bottom plate creaking with ur hand under or on ur legs?
    i need to know if its "common" or some peeps have perfect machine.

its the only issue of mine so far so i dont know if its a keeper or should go for a new one.

i used quicktime player to record a session and we could ear those creaking from time to time its a bit frustating.

im scared to ask a return and have a worst display.

thanks!

23. Ai-apple macrumors regular

I just got mine 13" 2.8ghz w/ 16gb RAM and it's perfect as expected from Apple. I got all the software updated from Apple Store and it's running without any issue. The screen is perfect and uniformed. :D

24. c1phr macrumors 6502

The creaking seems to have been a historic problem with MBP's, not just the new Retinas. There are two tiny springs under the bottom plate near the center that are supposed to help ground the body. With my 2010, I've opened the machine probably 5 times and over time the noise went away, not sure if opening helped it or if the springs just broke in. Either way, it's definitely a common thing and not anything to worry about.