I love my touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by someone28624, Aug 30, 2008.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I knew I would like it and I was looking forward to getting it, but I never anticipated loving it this much or using it this often. It's an incredibly useful little gadget. If you're on edge, go for it!:apple:

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm similarly pleased. I purchased mine after much consternation and I've found myself using it at least 4 or 5 hours per day. It's replaced my 12" PB as my daily device (much to my back's joy). Very happy with my purchase which I initially anticipated to be just an iPod.

To be honest I'm not 100% happy with the 2.0+ software though.....been a little more buggy than what I accept from Apple.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I'm glad you love your Touch. Although there are things about them that could stand improving, the Touch is the best pocket web browser out there.

Here's to many happy years of "Touching". ;)

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Yeah, I never thought it would be as awesome or useful as it is. I absolutely love it!

5. Ultra54 macrumors newbie

Ditto for me too. Wife is beginning to think I'm strange, playing with it even bringing it to bed with me.

6. franzmueller macrumors regular

Yeah , me to :eek: I never had a " frozen " ipod Touch before and it had happened to me 3 times already .

Saludos

7. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Ditto all the praise. It has exceeded my expectations by far. It's an amazingly capable device.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

The Touch is a very useful device.

Surprising what it can be used for on a regular basis.

9. longwood macrumors regular

here in portland there is quite a bit of free wi-fi throughout the city which is great. i feel bad for those without such connectivity.

10. Vagery macrumors newbie

Thats my biggest problem here in South Africa... we have almost no free wireless... But I still love using mine at home... so much easier to lie on the couch with my iPod Touch instead of my big heavy PB 17"

11. Resist macrumors 68030

When you've got a women in bed with you and you play with your iPod Touch instead, then yes you are strange. :D

12. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

i've had mine for about a year, and its been great. just dont hurt it, or it will hurt you.

13. onegirlcreative macrumors member

onegirlcreative

I've been thinking about getting an iPod Touch for the past few months, but my only reservation is the extra gadget/device to lug around. I guess it would/could replace my current iPod, which is good, but I also use a smartphone. Do you think this would be overkill?

I mean, I HATE that I can't get an iPhone because of AT&T's exclusivity, but for now, the next best thing would be the Touch.

What do you guys think?

Also, how do you get connectivity if you're in an area that doesn't have wireless? Do you pay for connectivity elsewhere or how does it work?

TIA.

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you dont get any unless you are able to find a wifi hotspot. just like your laptop if you have one

i like the ipt a lot. soo much i got the iphone when my contract was up lol and will now trade my ipt to my bro for his nano (as a bday gift and plus smaller ipods are nicer when working out and stuff)

15. onegirlcreative macrumors member

onegirlcreative

Sounds cool, but unfortunately I am in my Sprint contract for 2 more years. Just got a new iClone in January! :(

16. onegirlcreative macrumors member

onegirlcreative

Hey dukebound85, just noticed you're in Colorado, as well. What part? Going to the CU/CSU game tomorrow?

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I'm from Fort Collins and wish I was going to that game! Went to the game 3/5 years I was at CSU and wasn't able to go this year as I have things I gotta do tomorrow (going to the game takes all day lol) but definitely plan on watching it

Are you going?

GO RAMS!

18. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

Can't wait to get mine. I'm just waiting to see if there are going to be any updates, and then I'll buy. Sold my Nokia N73, my DS, and got some money, so I'm just waiting for the next Apple event. :]

19. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

I agree. The iPod Touch is da' bomb! I have run into a few hiccups as others have, but, overall, the technology really is incredible. I love being able to check my email and surf the Web without having to boot up my Mac Pro everytime.

20. onegirlcreative macrumors member

onegirlcreative

How funny. I am also in FC and I am also a CSU alum. Didn't go to the game and glad I didn't. Once again. CU beat us. Ugh!!! Spare us the humiliation.

I just looked at the Apple Store online and saw the prices of the iPod Touch. Ouch!!! Perhaps I will wait until September to see if there are in fact, upgrades and price decreases.

21. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

yeah :D

and hopefully when they release the new revision to match the iPhone 3G
    it will again do more, faster, and better and exceed our expectations of what we thought was possible

Translation:pRICE CUT (about $100 or more)
    -A 64GB Model!!! (get rid of 8GB - too little)

22. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Ditto on that =D i sold my "Hackintosh" that i had :D

now i am waiting for the new Touch. :apple:

23. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I love touching myself too.

I mean I love my touch. :p