Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
I’ve been an owner of an:
iPhone 3G
iPhone 4
iPhone 5S
iPhone 6S

And now a shiny iPhone XS!

It’s a revelation. I haven’t been this happy with a new iPhone since the 4 (Retina display!). Full screen screen, OLED, Face ID, general “it just works”-ness, all fab. Battery life: good enough (unlike every iPhone previously it hasn’t run out on me after a day’s heavy use).

In short, I’m over the moon. Well done Apple!

draa

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2008
Big jump from 6 to Xs! Glad you like it. Have fun with your new device! Did you choose the new gold color?

Reactions: hounslowfish

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
iPhone 3G
iPhone 4
iPhone 5S
iPhone 6S

It’s a revelation. I haven’t been this happy with a new iPhone since the 4 (Retina display!). Full screen screen, OLED, Face ID, general “it just works”-ness, all fab. Battery life: good enough (unlike every iPhone previously it hasn’t run out on me after a day’s heavy use).

Do you live in Hounslow?!

Reactions: hounslowfish

macpluslaptop

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
I upgraded from a 6 yesterday. I had never even thought about FaceID except as a gimmick. But wow! It's so much more convenient than typing in a passcode or touch ID, which was never much good for me. I love the larger screen area, still a manageable phone size like the 6 but a tad bigger. And of course display and camera are vast improvements. Still shocked that I'm carrying a $1200 device in my pocket. This one better last 4 years like the 6 has.

naturalguy

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2018
I have been an Android guy from day 1 and was anti Apple but after getting frustrated with my last two Android's lagging I made the switch the the Xs and I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. This is a great device

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
I have been an Android guy from day 1 and was anti Apple but after getting frustrated with my last two Android's lagging I made the switch the the Xs and I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. This is a great device
Story of majority of anti-Apple people. They **** on Apple without using their products. yea, Apple products are overpriced often, Apple does some things like charging too much for extra storage or bundling a 5W charger with their $1000 phone but the user experience and after sales service is imo significantly better than anything else and I say this despite believing that iOS has stagnated and surpassed by Android in general as an operating system. I hope iOS 13 is a huge overhaul.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California
Very happy with mine too.
3GS to 4S to 5 to 5S to 6+, held onto that for 3 years and got a 7 when the 8/8+/X came out last year.
It’s a good fit - the Xr and Xs Max are too big for me - actually if it was the size of the 7 it would be perfect.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Love using my XS. It’s my favourite iPhone so far. It bothered me that faceID didn’t work with my favourite Oakleys but after watching a few YT videos about the issue it turned out to be a simple fix - it’s all good now.

FWIW, if anyone’s having issues with faceID and a certain pair of sunglasss - just turn off “Require Attention for FaceID”.

Reactions: draa

Devyn89

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
I love my XS, perfect size, screen is the right size and it feels incredible.

martint235

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2016
I loved my X. I then, perhaps foolishly, jumped to the XS Max. I'm not convinced it's for me. It's not a fault with the phone, I think it's me and the phone is kind of too big (the X now seems the perfect size) and too small (if the Max was a little bit bigger it would open up stuff to do in landscape more). Will give it a while but may eventually try to find a way to trade it in for an XS.

Wide opeN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
I am over the moon happy with my iPhone Xs 256GB Silver.

IMO... Silver is the best looking of the 3 available colors.

jazz1

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
iPhone 3G
iPhone 4
iPhone 5S
iPhone 6S

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
I am over the moon happy with my iPhone Xs 256GB Silver.

IMO... Silver is the best looking of the 3 available colors.
I had the silver X and it was very nice I agree. This time I had to go gold. I have never owner this color before on any device. Decided to be different this go around. Tried to get the blur XR but chickened out. Then went back and the one I wanted was gone so I got the gold XS instead.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
I had the silver X and it was very nice I agree. This time I had to go gold. I have never owner this color before on any device. Decided to be different this go around. Tried to get the blur XR but chickened out. Then went back and the one I wanted was gone so I got the gold XS instead.
I really love the product red XR and was very tempted by it but decided to go with the XS because of the display, second camera, and most importantly 3D Touch.

Reactions: jimmy_uk