I Love Perth

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iTurbo, Jan 17, 2019.

1. iTurbo macrumors regular

I know this may sound ridiculous, but I've always had a fascination with Perth, Australia.

I've lived in the US all my life; never got to travel outside my borders. I've gotten very good at some things, but I am no programmer, like I imagine some of you are. My brother does that (Solr, Ruby etc), and has tried to get me into it, but I find I am far better at drywall/texture/tile/mortar/grout etc.

This past few week has been incredibly stressful, with my boss breaking his hip and leaving me to deal with everything. We have a 160 apt complex and I'm the only one to take care of it all, despite not getting paid for it and being spread way too thin.

I know this is fantasy world speaking, but I found out tonight I could get a one-way ticket to Perth for about $1100 and I'm willing to bet there is some large apartment complex than would love to have me. Rather than northern Wyoming and I have no kids/family to hold me back.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Do it. Take the plunge and don't look back. Life's too short.

3. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

I have a fascination with Australia in general and I would also suggest that you follow through on your thoughts.

4. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I bet I’d love it too. Do you mind letting me squeeze myself into your checked baggage?

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Line up the job before you go.

Oddly enough, I’m applying for a job “down under.” I jokingly told me wife about it and she said I should apply.

6. hawkeye_a, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019

hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

For the head:
    1. Economy(specifically mining) is picking up again.
    2. Housing and construction is slowing down.
    3. Cost of living is probably higher than Wyoming.

For the heart:
    1. Lifestyle is the best part. Easygoing, laidback.
    2. Beaches. Surfing is the national passtime.
    3. People are generally very friendly and easy going.(moreso than the east coast)

It’s been a year since i’ve been back and I miss my island home. Good luck!

PS> Air New Zealand usually has some good deals. And i recommend you get a return ticket, in case you need to use it. IMHO

PPS> https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/